ABB - I'm happy, but as anywhere, could be improvements | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ABB

"I'm happy, but as anywhere, could be improvements"

Current Employee - Associate in Wickliffe, OH
Current Employee - Associate in Wickliffe, OH

Pros

Training and development opportunities are widely available and encouraged. Even with the current economic trends, top management supports these initiatives. Corporate culture is supportive, and the company is trying to encourage employees to work beyond traditional lines. However, with such a big company, the silo effect is definitely still prevalent. I have been lucky enough to work with a great team and meet a lot of nice people. They are willing to help and have reasonable expectations. I feel that I am valued and my work makes an impact. I appreciate the opportunity I have been given to work at ABB.

Cons

I really have not gotten enough feedback from my manager. There is just so much going on within the company and our department. I know there are priorities above that, but I feel like I get lost in the mix sometimes. I feel like I could grow a lot more with better feedback. With a global company, there is a priority on alignment, which can be frustrating at times, but ultimately helpful. Because we are such a big company, even regionally, my team is spread out which can make our work a little difficult because I can't just go next door.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent about the direction the company is moving towards

Other Employee Reviews for ABB

"ABB is a very competitive and respectable place of employment."

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI

Pros

The pay scale seems very competitive and fair. 401k, pension plan, vision, dental and health! Coworkers are always willing to support if needed. The managers are all former Field Service Personnel and know what it takes to get the job done.

Cons

The travel for my particular job is significant. Not good for someone with close family ties. There is a just get the customer taken care of mentality with no regard for the employee needs.

Advice to Management

Listen to the needs and concerns of your employees. Some of the low people actually have some helpful things to add.

2. "A global company and global leader with green focus."

Current Employee - Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Raleigh, NC

Pros

A company that is highly ethical, a global leader with green products and services our world needs the most in "Power & Productivity". There are many opportunities to grow and advance your career if you so like. It all depends on what you are willing to put in. We are moving in the right direction to become One Simple ABB, with common systems and business processes.

Cons

Since we are a global company you are on the job most of the time since you are connected to colleagues all over the world and several timezones away from you are at any given point. A global knowledge management system within IS/IT would be welcomed to further increase knowledge sharing.

Advice to Management

We need a much more efficient mobile email tool - such as Blackberry. Also - we should take the opportunity to further reduce our "dead weight".