ABC Fine Wine and Spirits - Not for someone who needs work life balance | Glassdoor

"Not for someone who needs work life balance"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits full-time for less than a year

Pros

good medical coverage, more earning potential based on your ability to sell, you can move up quickly if you show initiative, a lot of great training on products and job

Cons

very long hours, minimal pay, a lot of hard labor, centralized purchasing,

Advice to Management

if you want quality managers (employees in general) you'll need to pay them more, especially if they are salary and putting in 60+ hours a week

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2016-02-21

"A company that cares!"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good Benefits Great Senior Management Enjoyable Work environment Culture is really good I've work for ABC for almost 13 yrs and really have enjoyed my time there. The company is growing and continue to go in a positive direction.

Cons

None for me at all.

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2019-04-29

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits Response

April 29, 2019VP, Team Member Services

Thank you for the kind words! We are doing our best to give our Team Members a fulfilling and rewarding experience. Thank you for your 13 years of service and cheers to the future!

• "Ros’e colored glasses"

Current Employee - Associate in Yulee, FL

I have been working at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits full-time for more than a year

Pros

The energy of the young people I work with. Working close to where I live. Getting the chance to get to know a portion of the community. Health insurance if wanted or needed.

Cons

Scheduling issues that make it difficult to have any kind of life outside of work.Cleaning toilets that have been abused by guest. Being expected to work without breaks if busy. No break room, no place to store purses or jackets.

Advice to Management

Wanting us to take on-line courses on a diet program by a Dr. Cate, a “doctor “who claims to be able to stop you from getting cancer and is able to possibly help treat Bi-Polar disease is just irresponsible. Encouraging your team members to eat less and move more would have cost much less and made more sense for people who are on strict budgets with both their wallets and time. But then you wouldn’t have been able to...

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2019-06-02

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits Response

June 5, 2019VP, Team Member Services

Thanks for your comments and feedback. To address a few of your points... We are very interested in helping our Team Members achieve wellness, therefore we hired a medical doctor as a resource to help serve the needs of the team. I challenge you to use her as a resource before you ...

Discover more reviews about ABC Fine Wine and Spirits.