ABC Imaging - There is better out there I'm sure | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ABC Imaging

"There is better out there I'm sure"

Current Employee - FM Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - FM Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at ABC Imaging full-time

Pros

In my position, I work autonomously. I work at a cliet site and have little interaction with superiors. Client site is convenient location, decent staff and office perks such as occasional food. Healthcare benefits are decent, but expensive, and they seem to change every year so the company can get a better deal.

Cons

Salary is stagnant. No performance reviews and if there are, it's a "SELF REVIEW". Work load increases and there is no compensation for additional tasks (ones that have nothing to do with my job). Upper management doesn't back you up if there is an issue with the client.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff like they are important. Give them a reason to perform to excellence with some kind of incentive. Increased salary would be nice, but even the occasional grace of coming in late or leaving early without penalty (for salaried employees) would be a start, especially since most of the salaried employees work more than 40-50 hrs a week.

Other Employee Reviews for ABC Imaging

"Slightly volatile environment due to upper management's temperaments, but great middle management & reliable co-workers."

Former Employee - Sales in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Sales in Washington, DC

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

progressive, creative thinking encouraged; supportive team members and good social atmosphere; hard work gets recognized; there's always something new to learn about or get involved with/ always interesting

Cons

upper management is extremely passionate and inspiring, but tends to micro-manage other people's direct reports which leads to miscommunications

Advice to Management

Hire a management team you can trust, rely on, and that's as forward thinking and passionate as you, then sit back a little to let them bring their offerings to the table. You must be able to trust their talents to lead your entire team. If you do, they will exceed your expectations... mutual respect.

"Horrible work experience....."

Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Worked with some great knowledgeable people at the Production Shops

Cons

Company could never pay me on time(live check)....Could never get paid for Mileage expenses and would always try to bargain it down, to the point where you just give up on it. The .30 a mile is a joke for you actually may get about .05 after all the back and forth on fighting for it. They expect Salary employees to work 60-80 hours a week and not be able to take an hour off early here or there to compensate all the OT. They actually tried to dock me an hour for leaving one day early, even though I was a Salary employee. They kept telling me I had to use a PTO hour for it. They treat their employees like crap and expect them to give them their life and not give anything back. Everyone I worked with there, wanted out and was willing to go to another company taking a paycut, if needed. If this keeps going, you will not only lose employees, but also clients! Micro-Management to the 100th degree!

Advice to Management

The advice I can give ABC is that they need to treat their employees better. It's a give and take relationship and one can't always be giving and the other taking, if so, it will always end in a bitter divorce.