ABM Industries - I have been always treated well with my hard work rewarded. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ABM Industries

"I have been always treated well with my hard work rewarded."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Operations Manager in Sacramento, CA

Pros

If you have potential, it is easy to move up the ladder.

Cons

You have to toot your horn especially if you are in the outskirts. There are several position where you are independent and without supervision.

Advice to Management

None.

Other Employee Reviews for ABM Industries

"The freedom to learn new professional skills, with the lack of upper management support."

Current Employee - Site Lead in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Site Lead in Chicago, IL

Pros

Quality training programs, good communication with immediate supervisor, consistant payroll, great benefits, Flexability between work sites, competitive saleries, employer sponsored dry cleaning.

Cons

Upper Management has little to no involvement with the operations of the company. From my point of view, my supervisors are not well supported in handling client's complaints.

Advice to Management

Take the time to know your customer and their needs, stay in communication to handle problems before it becomes too late. Improve quality on hiring floaters or Special Response Officers, seldom does the SRO have the caliber of the full time staff.

"I would work elsewhere, there are several other Security Companies that have their act together"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Outside of the Los Angeles office, ABM is an excellent company to work for. I have worked at various other branches and they have their act together, they are professional and are very concerned with meeting client needs and maintaining client relationships. Los Angeles Area Office, I would have to say has no understanding of building client relationship and often treat clients and it's officers assigned to accounts as little money-makers.

Cons

Again, working for any other Office than the Los Angeles Area Office is a pleasure and will be a positive experience. I strongly recommend not to work at the Los Angeles area office. Los Angeles Office does not promote a healthy work-environment and tends to be sexist in selecting senior staff members. In addition, clients are gained and lost daily, there is little client retention. If you are thinking of working as a Security Officer, apply elsewhere

Advice to Management

From my experience, Los Angeles needs allot of work to become successful again. They tend to place clients last and focus on the money aspect of each account. There is no client retention. I'm unsure how ABM Industries doesn't view their operational struggles and doesn't attempt to overhaul the senior staff. I would also recommend retraining the general staff in operational procedures; scheduling, payroll and account Management.