ABM Industries - Military-friendly and value-grounded...family, growth, quality and integrity. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ABM Industries

"Military-friendly and value-grounded...family, growth, quality and integrity."

I have been working at ABM Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coast to Coast and International opportunities. Diversity of opportunity evolving daily! Very competitive compensation. Fantastic team environment. Leadership has vision.

Cons

$4B/100,000 person company. Very big, but maintains a family first perspective.

Other Employee Reviews for ABM Industries

"Incomepetent on the market industry"

Pros

I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Cons

I was offered an xx amount of money salary. I accepted it. But surprisingly they re-offer me again which they reduced to nothing below 75%. They ask me If I'm interested. The reason because of their company's restructuring. They don't want to pay you commensurate to your education, extensive work experience specialized skill. What a free loader company.

2. "Overseas Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I have been working at ABM Industries full-time

Pros

Salary is a wee bit above average but cost of med/dent benefits is outrageously high. Not paying for commercial travel for home leave is also a large negative when compared to the norm of other companies doing business in Afghanistan.

Cons

Poor corporate support overseas; poor leadership overseas. Most appear with a chip on their shoulder; others are just plan smart alecky in their mannerisms. Quality of shirts and blouses provided is very poor. Too short so the shirtails keep coming out and the polo shirt color and material looks and feels cheap. Shirts and blouses should be from a reputable supplier like LL Bean.

Advice to Management

Your Afghanistan leadership is out of touch with reality and is not able to figure out how to provide complete life support. An example is the visa renewal process in Afghanistan. For over a year now they've not been able to take the time to figure out how to do it here. Their answer was to do it when home on vacation on the employee's time off. Also, your leadership are control freaks by trying to insist that they will mandate working hours be the same for everyone even after they've been informed that this attitude is at ODDS with what some of the military sections want to do. This arrogance can put future extensions of task orders and the award of new work at jeopardy.