ABM Industries - Great company, great opportunities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ABM Industries

"Great company, great opportunities"

Former Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ABM Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Huge footprint, diverse organization, operates in every city and state, pay and benefits are good, stock purchase is a plus.

Cons

Too many silos, very territorial, need to recognize full potential across all verticals and promote the people who built the brand.

Advice to Management

Quit abandoning the loyal stalwart employees for the smoke and mirror acquisition BS - like the hucksters from Linc and One Source

Other Employee Reviews for ABM Industries

"Modern day slave labor, through economics"

Former Employee - Security Officer in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Portland, OR

I worked at ABM Industries full-time

Pros

The only Pro is that it is a job.

Cons

Medical cost the officer $650 a month, the average officer makes $10.00 an hour.
    They will attempt to not pay over time. When confronted about the issue they have been known to change time records as proof that a officer did not work over time.
    Management will cut a full time employees hours down to 8 hours a week if one declines over time.
    Uniforms that are advertised as "at no cost to the officer" cost $85.00. This is for one pair of pant and two shirt. (very very cheap quality)
    Management becoming romantically involved with officers has lead average officers becoming supervisors.
    Editing of officers incident daily reports to make people look bad is common practice.
    Management and most supervisors treat officer as third class people and use the threat of being fired as leverage to get what they want.
    I checked that I do not approve of the CEO. I have never met him and know him only by name. However I can not support a person who thinks this type of working conditions are ok.

Advice to Management

Start over. Improve the standards of the leadership. Stop the shifty back stabbing practices. Start at the top and work your way down.

"Company sucks"

Current Employee - Sanitation in Oxford, PA
    Current Employee - Sanitation in Oxford, PA

I have been working at ABM Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Have found no pros yet and don't think I will.

Cons

Promised one thing and now getting the shaft. Said work would be from 2pm to 10:30pm with most Saturdays off now it is 4 to 12:30 and working every Saturday. Going to get some one killed by working them to hard. All work no life to them.

Advice to Management

Start doing the things you tell your new employees