ACT-1 - Better Temp agency than any other I have utilized. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ACT-1

"Better Temp agency than any other I have utilized."

Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ACT-1 as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The branch that I worked with has a higher volume of jobs and a higher rate of pay than any of the Temp agencies I used when I was a college student and just post-grad. They have a lot of assignments and a wider breadth of opportunities in higher quality offices than any other Temp agency I've heard of. They do a good deal of Direct Hire jobs, as well as a lot of Temp-to-Hire positions and I would say that a good deal of people get full-time permanent employment from them. They have a lot of major clients, with a very high volume of jobs to fill.

Cons

It is a Temp agency after all. Which is never an ideal situation, but if you are doing a widespread job hunt, it is good to include all avenues including Temp agencies.

Advice to Management

N/A

Other Employee Reviews for ACT-1

"Don't accrue vacation, make you "borrow" from next year's vacation, give you lot of grief about it, too."

I have been working at ACT-1 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Part-time agency, corporate style... Oh, wait - it's a con!

Cons

You will be heavily recruited, but then once you are hired, you will not hear from anyone. Maybe get to partake in cheap lunch they bring once a year. Beware: they do not accrue vacation - it is "awarded" at the end of each year. This way they "lock you in" and discourage you from moving to a different agency, unless you do it right after your anniversary date. They will make you "borrow" from your next year's award (although it should be accrued), but then will deduct whatever you've taken from your last paycheck if you decide to leave them.

Advice to Management

Need to stop penny pinching and start actually caring about the workforce that you hire.

"Well-intended chaos"

Former Employee - Staffing Manager
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager

I worked at ACT-1 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good team environment, most of the time. The Branch Manager is very nice and very professional

Cons

Constant changes in priorities, held accountable to impossible metrics that the managers themselves can't meet. Constant adminstrative reporting to track numbers make it impossible to get the truly important work done. Catty, petty behavior permitted, even engaged in by senior-level people.

Advice to Management

Insist that all management act professionally and don't engage in office favoritism. Figure out a way to keep Corporate happy and keep the heavy report burden off the backs of your producers