ACT-1 - Benefit, what benefit? Oh, yeah..sorry, you don't get that now, and I forgot to tell you, your salary isn't what's told! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ACT-1

"Benefit, what benefit? Oh, yeah..sorry, you don't get that now, and I forgot to tell you, your salary isn't what's told!"

Current Contractor - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
Current Contractor - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at ACT-1 as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They are good at following up with the consultants when it comes to getting you on the wheel running, I got assigned to the one in Kirkland/Bellevue, WA. I like that they do follow up with you, if in case you forgot to turn in your time sheet! Kudos on that.

Cons

My head line pretty much sums it up! They really DID cheated me on my pay, I was able to check my actual salary request from my current assignment...BOY, it was almost like 20% pay cut. While another guy who got hired same time, same position gotten more, probably from my portion of the cut, and he doesn't do JACK for the team!

Advice to Management

You guys need to quit lying and threatening the consultants of losing opportunities, and cheating on the consultants' salaries, that's just a real sloppy job! Now I realize, ACT-1 gotten more negative results versus positive. Way to go ACT 1 cheater!

Other Employee Reviews for ACT-1

1. "Better Temp agency than any other I have utilized."

Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ACT-1 as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The branch that I worked with has a higher volume of jobs and a higher rate of pay than any of the Temp agencies I used when I was a college student and just post-grad. They have a lot of assignments and a wider breadth of opportunities in higher quality offices than any other Temp agency I've heard of. They do a good deal of Direct Hire jobs, as well as a lot of Temp-to-Hire positions and I would say that a good deal of people get full-time permanent employment from them. They have a lot of major clients, with a very high volume of jobs to fill.

Cons

It is a Temp agency after all. Which is never an ideal situation, but if you are doing a widespread job hunt, it is good to include all avenues including Temp agencies.

Advice to Management

N/A

"Don't accrue vacation, make you "borrow" from next year's vacation, give you lot of grief about it, too."

I have been working at ACT-1 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Part-time agency, corporate style... Oh, wait - it's a con!

Cons

You will be heavily recruited, but then once you are hired, you will not hear from anyone. Maybe get to partake in cheap lunch they bring once a year. Beware: they do not accrue vacation - it is "awarded" at the end of each year. This way they "lock you in" and discourage you from moving to a different agency, unless you do it right after your anniversary date. They will make you "borrow" from your next year's award (although it should be accrued), but then will deduct whatever you've taken from your last paycheck if you decide to leave them.

Advice to Management

Need to stop penny pinching and start actually caring about the workforce that you hire.