ADP - Good, stable company, but slow to adapt. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ADP

"Good, stable company, but slow to adapt."

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's an extremely stable company and you don't have to worry about losing your job (unless you don't perform of course). ADP is a huge company and so there are frequently other career opportunities available in other divisions.

Cons

Being such a big company, they're very slow to change. Our order processing systems have been obsolete for 10 years, but there's still no plans to change them. Our software developers are hesitant to adapt to the changing tech world, such as supporting Apple and mobile devices.

Advice to Management

We need to be more flexible and willing to change. As far as tech goes, we're generally 2-5 years behind the curve.

Other Employee Reviews for ADP

1. "District Manager"

Current Employee - District Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - District Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary, commission structure, car allowance, cell allowance, 401K, pension, stock options, President's Club. Strong management, strong brand.

Cons

Because the company is so large there can be too much info coming at you; too many trainings (trainng is a good thing but it's a bit unorganized at times). There is some concerns with Total Source tripping over the Major Accounts.

Advice to Management

Filter what's most important to your employees to avoid confusion, and streamline the internal processes (there are DEOZENS of sites/portals that don't integrate)

"Great Entry-Level Sales Opportuntiy"

Former Employee - Senior District Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior District Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Can get multiple base pay raises in your first year. Also, it is very realistic for first year employees to make $90K+
    -The relationships they have with banks and CPAs , will put the DM in great closing situations.
    -Great Trips
    -Training is best in class and you are highly sought after by other companies

Cons

Pure Hunter Sales. After 3yrs working in new business sales, it worked better for my career to work in an Account Management role to get residual commissions. This is a young persons position, there were not too many sales people in SBS over 26 years old.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't change much. A larger starting base in Metro areas would help.