ADP - District sales manager | Glassdoor

"District sales manager"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall a great company to work for. Lots of opportunity to move up the corporate ladder!

Cons

Pay could be better. Sales is not as diverse as I would like. Compensation plan has changed in the past two years.

Other Employee Reviews for ADP

"Internal Politics often a no win situation"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, descent comp, good work/life balance

Cons

So many sales campaigns, initiatives, trainings constantly be thrown at you. Corporate people trying to justify their existence, constantly pushing field people with a ton of garbage that is typically a waste of time. Management often times more worried about their own advancement rather than whats best for company. Service is the gorilla in the room that no one wants to acknowledge. tons of great benefits but loads of fine print that often prevent you from accessing them.

Advice to Management

Work on retaining clients instead of just expecting to lose them. Stop selling against eachother. We are like vulchers fighting over scraps of meat.

2. "Good, stable company, but slow to adapt."

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's an extremely stable company and you don't have to worry about losing your job (unless you don't perform of course). ADP is a huge company and so there are frequently other career opportunities available in other divisions.

Cons

Being such a big company, they're very slow to change. Our order processing systems have been obsolete for 10 years, but there's still no plans to change them. Our software developers are hesitant to adapt to the changing tech world, such as supporting Apple and mobile devices.

Advice to Management

We need to be more flexible and willing to change. As far as tech goes, we're generally 2-5 years behind the curve.