ADP - Challenging and Results Driven Organization | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ADP

"Challenging and Results Driven Organization"

Current Employee - Major Accounts DM in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Major Accounts DM in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is easy to reach out to and very accessible. This is not the case for other large corporations.... The upper management (VP levels) really know who you are here...huge plus. Schedules are very flexible and not micro-managed.... Results driven is the bottom line here and there are plenty of opportunities to sell several different products sets and solutions. Great line of products beyond basic payroll. Everyday is a challenge and a learning experience. It's a great job and thinking outside the box is accepted. Sky is the limit on making money and there are no caps.

Cons

Communications and collaboration between departments is not always on par (service, partners, implementation, accounting, retention, other business units- sbs, national, majors, telesales, totalsource, etc). It does feel like we compete against other reps we work with at times for business and alignment. It does take a year or two to start increasing your revenue and closing deals.

Advice to Management

Less of the cut-throat culture meaning no pitting people against each other. May not always be intentional....it comes with sales.

Other Employee Reviews for ADP

1. "Major Accounts District Manager"

Current Employee - District Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - District Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Outstanding Product LIne to offer to Prospects and Clients, Career Advancement, Management has a great structure for support and developement, Work Life Balance and Work Culture.

Cons

Strugglinging to find... If I could change one thing, it would be that we could work with the clients longer so we can develope and grow our business relationships with them.

Advice to Management

It is hard to give advice to management when the company is doing so well, but maybe just to follow our clients as stated in the Cons section.

2. "It's Like a Giant High School"

Former Employee - District Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - District Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong brand name, good corporate training (TotalSource), decent salary for those who stick around.

Very flexible work/life balance with option to work remote depending on your manager.

Cons

The most successful reps have never worked anywhere else, don't know how to sell anything else, and have huge egos. There are practically no women in management. Atmosphere resembles a high school locker room, not a Fortune 500 caliber company.

Territories are aligned to ensure that the newer reps get shafted, which leads to huge turnover. My branch "training" consisted of being bullied by more seasoned reps to bring them into my deals where they provided no value and pocketed half my commission. "Leads" from entry-level SBS reps were non-existent. Constantly competed with my colleagues from ASO/Major Accounts for a small number of prospects.

Advice to Management

Bring the level of professionalism up a notch