ADP - Good, stable company, but slow to adapt | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ADP

"Good, stable company, but slow to adapt"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's an extremely stable company and you don't have to worry about losing your job (unless you don't perform of course). ADP is a huge company and so there are frequently other career opportunities available in other divisions

Cons

Being such a big company, they're very slow to change. Our order processing systems have been obsolete for 10 years, but there's still no plans to change them. Our software developers are hesitant to adapt to the changing tech world, such as supporting Apple and mobile devices.

Advice to Management

We need to be more flexible and willing to change. As far as tech goes, we're generally 2-5 years behind the curve.

Other Employee Reviews for ADP

1. "Challenging and Results Driven Organization"

Current Employee - Major Accounts DM in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Major Accounts DM in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is easy to reach out to and very accessible. This is not the case for other large corporations.... The upper management (VP levels) really know who you are here...huge plus. Schedules are very flexible and not micro-managed.... Results driven is the bottom line here and there are plenty of opportunities to sell several different products sets and solutions. Great line of products beyond basic payroll. Everyday is a challenge and a learning experience. It's a great job and thinking outside the box is accepted. Sky is the limit on making money and there are no caps.

Cons

Communications and collaboration between departments is not always on par (service, partners, implementation, accounting, retention, other business units- sbs, national, majors, telesales, totalsource, etc). It does feel like we compete against other reps we work with at times for business and alignment. It does take a year or two to start increasing your revenue and closing deals.

Advice to Management

Less of the cut-throat culture meaning no pitting people against each other. May not always be intentional....it comes with sales.

2. "Major Accounts District Manager"

Current Employee - District Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - District Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Outstanding Product LIne to offer to Prospects and Clients, Career Advancement, Management has a great structure for support and developement, Work Life Balance and Work Culture.

Cons

Strugglinging to find... If I could change one thing, it would be that we could work with the clients longer so we can develope and grow our business relationships with them.

Advice to Management

It is hard to give advice to management when the company is doing so well, but maybe just to follow our clients as stated in the Cons section.