ADP - Professional Development | Glassdoor

"Professional Development"

Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at ADP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a recent college grad, I'm pleased to find myself working for ADP. I graduated with my Bachelor's in Human Resource Management expecting to find a boring, redundant, insignificant position in a fortune 1000 company where I would feel like a number rather than an employee. I am more than ecstatic to find that ADP is one of the most supportive, innovative, and "personalized" organizations that I've come across in years. Even working for a small-town bank throughout college doesn't compare to the support and encouragement provided by middle and senior management at ADP. If you're looking for a company in which to guide you through your career and help develop your skills to ensure professional success, ADP is the employer for you.

Cons

Simple tasks such as banking, tax, and other service are very segregated. It's sometimes difficult to find an answer you're looking for after speaking to 5 different people.

Advice to Management

Align goals so everyone is on the same page.

Other Employee Reviews for ADP

1. "Very good place to work."

Current Employee - PRC in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - PRC in El Paso, TX

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great life and work balance for all employees.

Cons

The salaries are average and difficult to increase wages.

"Implementation Project Manager"

Former Employee - Implementation Project Manager in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Implementation Project Manager in Stamford, CT

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was an Implementation Project Manager within the benefits division. Overall good company to work for, but too many changes, shifts.
    Good pay compared to some competitors.
    Very flexible with working from home.

Cons

-Much older environment, which in some cases causes people who have been at the company for 10, 15, 20+ years to feel threatened by younger employees who have good ideas.
    -Lack of focus on innovation. Good ideas are very often ignored, or brushed aside for years and years.
    -Cyclical reorganization. Entry level managers are promoted up from within, and then every few years a reorg happens and those managers are eliminated.
    -Your experience here will be VERY MUCH based on your manager. I had 7 different managers over my 6 years at ADP. 5 of those managers were great, and my successes during those times were great. 2 managers were very difficult to work for. 1 of those managers was let go less than 1 year in.

Advice to Management

Be more open to new ways of doing things. Constantly dismissing employees' ideas/innovations is very demotivating.