ADP - VERY sales focused culture. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ADP

"VERY sales focused culture."

Current Employee - District Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - District Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Uncapped comissions can result in high income sales years.
Lots of fun outgoing people work here.
Great place to start a sales carreer.
Decent opportunity to advance sales career and sell different products or in different business market segments.

Cons

Low base salary compared with other 5+year experience professional sales jobs.
Lots of sales gimmicks and some weak sales strategies are commonly encouraged.
Service and implementation can be challenging
Lots of management layers and business units on top of each other which can create lots of sales conflict and difficulty getting answers and deals done
So many ancillary products and business units that traditional territory rep has multiple other reps calling into same account and contact.

Advice to Management

Focus more on quality of service delivery, ADP should be heads & shoulders above the rest.
Less reps, larger territories, and more consultative sales strategy would drive larger deals, create more retention, and happier environment for employees & clients.

Other Employee Reviews for ADP

1. "ADP is a great place to be selling HCM"

Pros

Great Culture in National Accounts

Cons

I do not have any cons to share

Advice to Management

I have none but great work!

2. "Professional on the outside, old school sales on the inside."

Former Employee - Major Account Retirement Services District Manager in Lenexa, KS

I worked at ADP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training salary, good base, brand name recognition. Access to information about payroll clients was excellent. Working with the payroll account managers was difficult because they had a hard time grasping information about 401k and how seamless the integration could be for the payroll client or prospect and hesitated taking us out as consultants.

Cons

Used car salesman tactics, inexperienced top level management in my division which was the ADP Broker Dealer Inc.(Retirement Services). ADP would make payroll mistakes like not paying an employers payroll taxes and that would ruin the credibility of the payroll / 401k integration that we tried to sell. So, not all payroll clients are going to be easy clients to cross sell to retirement services.