ADP - good starting out job | Glassdoor
  1. "good starting out job"

Current Employee - ADM

I have been working at ADP full-time

Pros

flexible. good starting sales job. great training

Cons

over saturated with sales reps.

ADP2019-08-02

ADP Response

August 5, 2019

We appreciate the review and rating. Thank you for sharing your ADP experience with us on Glassdoor.

1. "Amazing company - amazing starter department"

Current Employee - MyLife Advisor II in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at ADP full-time for less than a year

Pros

ADP is truly one of the best places I have ever worked. You are consistently praised by your managers, you have a clear insight as to what your expectations are, and there is an overwhelming amount of room for growth/opportunity. The relationship between upper management and associates is amazing - never have I worked somewhere where the Senior VP's are easily approachable if needed; nor have I been somewhere... where the Senior VP's have no problem recognizing associates when performance is done well. The MyLife Advisor space is a GREAT starter into ADP - you learn the ropes of multiple business units, and you are given the basic knowledges of each specific department (i.e. payroll, benefits, etc.). Yes - there are a lot of reports run on a daily basis, but if you're doing your job, it's not that hard to maintain an Exceeding Expectations level of performance. The key is to communicate with your manager on off days.

Cons

There are really only two cons I can think of here. 1. You are expected to be ON TIME every single day - if you're a minute late, this tallies up and is kept track of. There's not a lot of wiggle room for being late, and for those like me who struggle with time management, it's not my strong suit. I tend to prefer coming in roughly on time, and stay late every day to ensure my duties are done. However, this is... common with hourly positions so it's nothing too crazy. ;-) 2. In comparison to other departments, we are on the lower end of the scale in terms of pay. Keep this in mind when applying for this position - if you are a single parent with one salary, this may not be the most easy role for you financially. However, the true value in the position is in the experience, so if you're starting off your career and can handle a lower pay, you will gain SO much in knowledge.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all that you do - it's so hard to maintain the balance of ensuring each associate is happy, but this is such a supportive environment and I am so grateful to be here. :)

ADP2019-09-16
  2. "Too many layoffs"

Current Employee - Benefits Service Consultant

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits, flexible work schedule, a lot of growth opportunities.

Cons

Constant fear of layoffs, inconsistent training

ADP2019-09-18

Discover more reviews about ADP.