ADP - Dream job to Nightmare | Glassdoor

"Dream job to Nightmare"

Current Employee - Retirement Plan Consultant in Florham Park, NJ
Current Employee - Retirement Plan Consultant in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stability, support, training, giving opportunities to people with potential, good first job,

Cons

micromanagement, commisions cut, false sense of flexibility of you hit your numbers, do not trust employees to do their jobs, seems like their is always confusion and no one seems to know what the protocol is or whats going on, make you feel guilty for taking days off, want to force you to the field, and protected territories are not protected.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging your teams because it deters people from wanting to do their jobs, stop increasing work load for less money

Other Employee Reviews for ADP

"Working here could be so much better with just a little more planning..."

Current Contractor - Consultant in Miami, FL
    Current Contractor - Consultant in Miami, FL

I have been working at ADP as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

-Great technology (updated laptops/docking stations, Lync, Outlook etc)
    -Latest and greatest authoring tools (if you're in LSG)
    -Much of company allows virtual work
    -Somewhat pleasant environment (although that's only because of the virtual nature)

Cons

I'm a consultant on short term assignment here ahd have been overall very disappointed with this experience. I've been working for the TS division and it's almost a joke. TS has the worst leadership I've ever seen bar none. Of course, bad leadership trickles down to every other aspect of the org and the underlings, which includes me. There is absolutely no planning for projects and/or assignments. Everything is 'fly by the seat of their pants,' and thrown together. Deadlines are unreasonable. Work assignments are weak and feel like busy work and are also outside the scope of what your true job duties should be. Everyone on the team talks to you like you're a child incapable of understanding even the most basic of professional concepts when in actuality they are incompetent. Although this particular job is remote, they were resistant to it being remote (even though they marketed the job that way). They try to micromanage virtually, which is fruitless. No one responds to your emails or phone calls and then wonder why nothing's getting done...even when you follow up. Leadership seems to have no concept of what other people on the team do when they've been working with these very same people for years. Worst onboarding in the world! I've never been so frustrated trying to onboard with a new company in my life. Very little benefits for a consultant. If you're lucky you might get some through your agency. Pay is low considering the work load and the little nuances you have to keep up with. It's too frustrating for the money. Too many hands stirring one pot. You often have to consult with many different parties to do your "job" (using that word very fluidly here), which reduces productivity, efficiency, engagement, autonomy, and satisfaction. Management tends to blow off suggestions from perceived subordinates. In summary, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing here.

Advice to Management

Please take some leadership training and go back to the basics of what it takes to engage your team and boost productivity. Understand that when people are new, you can't talk to them like they've been at the company already and know every acronym and every person you make reference too. For goodness sakes respond to your emails. I know you're busy, but aren't we all? Stop making people chase you around to get the job done. That leads to burn out, which leads to failure, which leads to either termination or resignation. And please, please plan out your project so that when you have contractors starting, they can hit the ground running! Have some of your current staff design an onboarding program knowing that with ADP being a huge company, they'll need to complete that program before working contractors and all. There's so so much more that I could say, but this at least would be a start.

"Awesome !!!"

Former Employee - Market Research in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Market Research in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They treat employees with respect and value there experience and education !!

Cons

I don't have anyny !!!

Advice to Management

Keep doing the same ....you are a great company !!!