ADP - Good company with great growth! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ADP

"Good company with great growth!"

Former Employee - IT Support in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - IT Support in Seattle, WA

I worked at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money and benefits are really good!

Cons

Hours/on-call can be tough if you are a manager or in IT.

Advice to Management

Little less "hands off."

Other Employee Reviews for ADP

"Overall, A Good Step Forward"

Current Employee - District Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - District Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Due to the relentless hunting experienced in this job, I learned true persistence, perseverance, and the understanding of how to go get whatever it is I want in life.

Cons

The Service teams sure do not help you and the brand. We sell people on great service, and don't quite execute. It can make you look and feel real bad about charging people top dollar for commodity-like services.

Advice to Management

More tax and human resource training should be paramount, not lame marketing strategies to fake people into believing we know what the laws are. Make people learn by making them uncomfortable; it helps them become better salespeople (ie. have individuals do mock meetings in front of their peers). This will build esteem and employee loyalty too.

"Dealer Services, Portland"

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Portland, OR

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Knowledgeable co-workers, mostly stable company, ok benefits, nice new exercise room

Cons

Worsening silos between product development groups, long hours for some application developers, inadequate communication between onshore and offshore teams, break-neck deadlines imposed by management, career advance path remains murky for many, morale still low

Advice to Management

By imposing unreasonable deadlines, and misunderstanding the tight integration between our products, our transition to Agile isn't working after beginning the process 2 years ago. Waterfall methodology is creeping back into our software development, primarily due to the nature of our software products. They can't be developed and release in true Agile way. Had management known that prior to charting a path into Agile, we would've been able to adjust. Now, silos have gotten more impenetrable, leading to incompatibilities and customer pain that is only resolved through individual heroics. Leadership is MIA on how to fix this.