ADP - Stable company with an opportunity to grow...if you stick around long enough. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ADP

"Stable company with an opportunity to grow...if you stick around long enough."

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive salary and a fun work environment. The people I work with make the job enjoyable. Ability to work from home and take time off when needed.

Cons

Teams within the business unit can be "clicky" and guarded. The pay could be better as well as the opportunity for advancement. Many employees are well tenured and so it can take a while to climb the ladder.

Advice to Management

Look internally for advancement opportunities before exploring outside.

Other Employee Reviews for ADP

"My experience is downhill, face first. Working in DS engineering is life in the salt mine."

Current Employee - Consultant/Engineer (Aka Faceless Minion) in Stevenson, WA
    Current Employee - Consultant/Engineer (Aka Faceless Minion) in Stevenson, WA

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There used to be a number of them. Since the ONE WORLD integration, none that I can find.
    Sorry, not entirely true, I still get a paycheck.

Cons

Vanishing Bonuses and and Increase workload. I am now working 6-7 days and, I suspect, that my bonus is a thing of the past. Upper management wants massive productivity in areas they no longer understand. The complexity of technology has increased exponentially in the last few years and their mindset is "It is all seamless and easy".

Advice to Management

Talk to your line employees, currently you don't. Yearly surveys don't qualify ask talking to us.
    You don't know how much money goes towards consulting, labor and hardware, in a install contract and never have. Sales gives away an unconscionable amount of labor and hardware every year with no repercussions. "Don't do that again and make sure you pack warmly for Club" isn't an admonition or worthwhile.

Your latest string of managers has exactly 1 function. Feed logs to the fire of the machine. I am one of the many logs. I am a consumable. Very similar to a gallon of gasoline or, pound of sugar or....
    I can no longer go to my manager. Problems that are reported result in an interview trying to determine where I am at fault. I have been Commoditized as my coworkers have been.

4 Weeks of vacation or 5 weeks? Ask up how many of those weeks we work to keep big red going.

One sad world.

2. "They are really laid back and suportive."

Current Contractor - Client Retention Representative in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Contractor - Client Retention Representative in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at ADP as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

You're able to work from home remotely in case of something like bad weather or illness.

Cons

You can't always work from home.