ADP - Dog eat Dog | Glassdoor

"Dog eat Dog"

Former Employee - Major Accounts District Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Major Accounts District Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a job... They had a very strong training program, which makes sense since they turn over the entire department about every 18 months.

Cons

There was little to no regard for the employees. They had a turn and burn mentality to their people. So much so that it was common practice to have 2-3 new hires in the department who would "sit on the bench" and train for a month or two while they waited for the next person to quit.

Advice to Management

pretend like you give a hoot about the people who work for you

Other Employee Reviews for ADP

"Sales w/in ADP"

Current Employee - Sales in Centerville, OH
    Current Employee - Sales in Centerville, OH

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

fast paced, always learning, many opportunities, great pay if you perform, accesible leadership, stable company, 65+ yrs,

Cons

navigating many products/svcs, Lower wage compared to other similar offering companies but rely on the "pros" to keep you. works well if you perform..still annoying that i could go to another and make "more" at that moment. in the past was too conservative although new(er) top leadership has seemed to push the envelope much more

Advice to Management

1. Continue to push the envelope. Just because we have great people realize that some want to also see sizzle. Don't let the software ever be beaten again.

2. Pay your top performers even more. I agree with paying the low performers less but as a top performer for 10+ yrs here i know i could go to another 2 competitors and make more right away.

3. Even though rich history that brings lots of headache to navigate. Create an internal social platform "chatter is kind of getting there and Lync is good" that helps us get the correct answers right away for clients/ potential clients.

4. Don't just preach about "cross pollinating" the talent actually do something Carlos. i have personally seen frustration from other segments (SBS, Majors, TS, NAS, etc) when losing talent to another. That's crap. we lose too many good people outside of ADP because of that. i htink we need to properly reward managers to promote. just enough but not too much so they "promote' the garbage instead of cleaning their own house of them. also tie it to next year / month / qtr performance of that individual promoted. that may also hinder the "either you promote or transfer" old mentality.

5. There shoudl be a mandatory 3 full years in one sales position a corp liason (representing all segments and knowledgable of all) reached out to those sales reps. takes the politics of those mgr more worried about their number than the person out of it. Many great managers but i have seen my share of ones worried about their kingdom and not the company as a whole too. also have been in mgt so hopefully that brings a little credibility to the above.

6. Lossen up a little on the policies too. i understand we are public but man. i think we have taken every policy our clients have made over the last 65 yrs and just added them to our own internal. lol. it's like HC Reform.

7. my work life balance answer below depends on the segment and your performance.

if there are low reviews by other sales people on ADP its either because 1. they didn't perform or 2. their manager was just a crappy person. usually 1 leads to 2 just not in most "managed out" eyes....usually they think 2 leads to 1. not all encompassing just my personal views.

you can make a life at ADP or use it and move on. Both situations happen so why ignore but it's also great that both cover just about 100% out there so if you're 1. hard worker (self motivated) 2. resilient, 3. competitive and 4. coachable then go tear it up in ADP sales. if not all of the above don't waste your time.

2. "Good Company"

Former Employee - District Manager in Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - District Manager in Culver City, CA

I worked at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great experience, good benefits, solid company

Cons

Can be tough in the beginning bc the base salary is so low, but if you hang in you'll start earning

Advice to Management

Hire more male team managers, dont micro manage.