ADT Security Services - Discontent, frustrated | Glassdoor

"Discontent, frustrated"

Current Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great flexibility, little micro management- at least with my managers, ok benefits

Cons

Can be very stressful, no floor to work from, terrible vacation pay

Advice to Management

Better vacation pay, - should be relative to average pay,better pricing for security systems to be more competitive,

Other Employee Reviews for ADT Security Services

"Sales Rep for over a year"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Norfolk, VA

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, strong company ethics program. You can expect to be treated with courtesy and respect. In sales, the compensation program is pretty good if you want to work. It is not hard to make a grand a week or more, with oh, say 30 hours of work.

Cons

Customers, Some of them are filthy, nasty and horribly rude. They ask you for an appointment sometimes, and then act offended when you show up for the appointment they set. Others will expect you to give them free stuff. The ones that want to spend the least amount of money securing their home are the ones that are the biggest pain in the ass.

Advice to Management

Stabilize the pricing platform. Let corporate reps match whatever print ads authorized dealers are running. Lose the new car reimbursement program.

"HATED IT"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits is about the only pro I can take away from my short time with ADT. I had no family life. Was expected to work 24/7 for no d*** reason. If I had no family, and wanted to work for high stress and extremely hard work to get paid well (comission only) I'd probably look elsewhere. Unless your super connected and can get over 25 sales a month your making s***

Cons

Everything. Strated from management al ltthe way to how the company is run as a whole. No support, no help every man for their own. Don't start a career in sales here.

Advice to Management

Do something to fix the sales management's schedule. Never have a minute to discuss an issue. Always on the phone or computer no time for the little guy (the people who make the company go!).