ADTRAN - Adtran is a great company, from the actual campus to the job itself. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ADTRAN

"Adtran is a great company, from the actual campus to the job itself."

Current Employee - Design Engineer
Current Employee - Design Engineer

Pros

Atmosphere on the job is excellent. Overall,the employee base is friendly and helpful. Facilities are unmatched in Huntsville. The EN Division seems laid back. The company plays it conservative with most decisions, and in recent times, that has really helped Adtran. In a growth market, that does slow us down though. Adtran was named the best large company to work for in Huntsville.

Cons

Not any major ones. I believe the salaries probably average less than the contract defense jobs in the area. The main negative would be that we want to be a 1B dollar company, but try to operate like a small company in many regards. There is a reluctance to take any large steps forward.

Advice to Management

Expect more.

Other Employee Reviews for ADTRAN

1. "Dynamic company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at ADTRAN full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, get the job done mentality is pervasive. Good benefits, strong financials, solid company.

Cons

Lack of structure and process can make it a challenge for some.

2. "Procurement temp employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I worked at ADTRAN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I actually enjoyed the work I was doing but that was independent of the company or my supervisors.

Cons

They are very cheap. You have to jump through hoops to even get paper or pens. They often hire temporary control employees rather than salaried employees so they don't have to pay benefits. They think they're clever in doing so but everyone is aware of their MO which creates a poor morale. There were several employees that were promised to be made salaried and that were just strung along. There is just the sense that your expendable so management that is their hold onto their jobs for dear life and often treat employees with an almost suspicious behavior because they're afraid to lose their jobs. When I first started, some employees warned me to be careful that other employees might feed you false information to make you look bad. It was one of the most bizarre place I've ever worked. The bureaucracy is like nothing I've ever dealt with as well and often hindered productivity.

Advice to Management

Make middle-management do their jobs. There's deathly a disconnect between the officers and employees. It always seem like the managers were just always trying to puff themselves up and will take credit for anything to do so. And just because the person has been there for ages doesn't mean that they're doing the job properly. Don't be afraid of change.