AECOM - Great guy and kudos for a great transition in going public! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

"Great guy and kudos for a great transition in going public!"

Former Employee - Marketing Director and Designer in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Marketing Director and Designer in Houston, TX

Pros

Good benefits, great management, publicly traded

Cons

Reimbrusement timing, disconnect of architecture firms under the AECOM umbrella, often the engineering firms are the only ones getting attention from the board and the directors.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your young employees, usually they no more than the older ones, and should be the future of your company

Other Employee Reviews for AECOM

"Great people, crappy management."

Pros

I met a ton of great people during my tenure. There are several very talented individuals that are self-taught and happy to share their expertise.

Cons

It seems that work ethic and ability have little to do with being promoted. There was a definite "boys club" in the office; late projects, bad client reviews, blown budgets were not considered a problem for anyone in this group. The true workers in the office were never recognized for their efforts.

Advice to Management

Take the blinders off and look at the office in detail. You've got a ton of great people at your disposal. There are also a bunch of folks that need to be shown the door; you're just too "busy" to do anything about it.

"Great Company Overall"

Current Employee - Hydrogeologist in Florence, AL
    Current Employee - Hydrogeologist in Florence, AL

Pros

The company is very open with their employees and on top pf that the heath benefits are wonderful!! I also have enjoyed the full benefit of being able to buy company stock and having the company match at a higher rate than other stocks in my portfolio.

Cons

I have worked for two of AECOM's operating companies over the last six years (EDAW and now ENSR) and the best by far is ENSR. The office operate seamlessly and share resources which makes doing your job MUCH easier.

Advice to Management

Balancing out the salaries, I have been with the company for over three years and have over six total years of experience with a MS degree and there are new hires with little to no experience coming in making as much as I am or in some cases more than I make with less education.