AECOM - Downhill ride... | Glassdoor

"Downhill ride..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at AECOM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits were decent and the people in the trenches were great! If the economy turns around, the good people left at AECOM will have the opportunity to do more great things again, as they did before they were sold by another good company.

Cons

After the "buy-out", numbers became much more important than people. Oh, there's a business to be run, but appreciation and recognition for our experience, knowledge, and potential went downhill quickly.

Advice to Management

Good luck! When business is down, it is still best to treat employees with respect. We (the employees) all want the best for our clients AND each other.

Other Employee Reviews for AECOM

"Excellent place to work if you are into looking out of the window or into playing lottery, otherwise stay clear."

Current Employee - Current Employee (for now) in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Current Employee (for now) in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at AECOM full-time

Pros

The new downtown Norfolk office is very nice and quiet, except occasional emergency vehicle sirens. Good view from the window. On a clear day you can see very far. On a rainy day not so much, but still the view is good. There is a large selection of work spaces to choose from and plenty of free space. Norfolk office is hiring again...

Cons

...after more than half of employees got laid off earlier this year. A good many people left not waiting to be the next "corporate lottery" winners.

Advice to Management

Enjoy your year-end bonus. Good luck with your layoffs. I hope your firings go really well.

"Great place for growth"

Former Employee - Proposal Coordinator in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Proposal Coordinator in Arlington, VA

I worked at AECOM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned a great deal while working here. Advancement opportunities and mentoring was excellent. The people were the best part and made it so I wanted to come to work everyday. I grew a great deal professionally and was exposed to all aspects of the international development process.

Cons

Expect long hours and quick turnarounds. This is a fast paced environment, which means 60+ hours a week depending on the position you are in. Some people find this invigorating, others find that work is their life. It really depends on the person you are and what you want out of a career.