AECOM - Soul Crushing, Morality Manipulating, Confidence Crushing Machine | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

"Soul Crushing, Morality Manipulating, Confidence Crushing Machine"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at AECOM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A paycheck in a down economy.

Cons

Cannot even begin to start this novel for fear of my livelihood. Let's just say the other less than desirable reviews are spot-on accurate.

Advice to Management

The next time you hear something to the affect of "Has no one learned a thing from Rome," better listen up. Your employees are real people, with real lives. Not everyone is prepared to disregard this fact or is able to turn off their natural instinct to empathize for the sake of shareholders.

Other Employee Reviews for AECOM

"I used to love working there, now I would hesitate to recommend a job there to anyone"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I worked at AECOM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the people there were great, cooperated and got along very well, I had a decent salary that paid my mortgage and allowed nice vacations. Friday bagels and donuts, the building was well lit and recently remodeled

Cons

Where do I start? After having spent many years and promised advanced training it never managed to appear. Now after all the lay offs especially in the IT department recently, now it takes days to get any help out of the weakened overworked IT staff, most everyone I know who is still there hates the stressful working environment and are wondering if they too will be laid off and are looking for a new job.

Advice to Management

I understand you had to cut back some due to your behemoth size and the global economic downturn but did you really need to hamstring everyone who is trying to get their job done? Didn't you learn anything from the TYCO debacle?

2. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Construction Inspector in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Construction Inspector in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AECOM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

very supportive and good professional development program

Cons

No profit sharing or esops