AECOM - AECOM has to develop a plan | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

"AECOM has to develop a plan"

Former Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at AECOM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are outstanding for health

Cons

Too big - leadership not advanced enough

Advice to Management

Think before you act and develop a plan just like Engineers do on projects

Other Employee Reviews for AECOM

"You're Just A Number"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Arlington, VA

I worked at AECOM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Convenient location near public transportation, cool staff, friends, steady paycheck, gym in building. Have I reached the 20 word minimum yet?

Cons

Share some of the downsides of working at AECOM? "Soul-crushing" and "you're just a number" are the most accurate descriptions of AECOM. When I was laid off last year during one of their many rounds of lay-offs, my manager wasn't even present.

I was with a former operating company that just celebrated its 100th anniversary. Post-merger and after months of mind-games, bending over backwards in the name of "AECOM values", and countless wasted hours spent on pointless "team-building" meetings, I was let go. When AECOM fires you, you have 15 minutes to vacate the premises, and you can't say goodbye to anyone unless they're near your desk. Some random HR representative, that you've never met hovers near you until you leave. If you don't leave within 15 minutes, security is summoned.. And to me, a company that treats you that way when you leave never really cared that you were there in the first place. Employees who were with the previous operating company, some for 20+ years, were just unceremoniously discarded. It's heartbreaking.

At AECOM, you are a number, not a valued employee with a personality and experience. Just a number.

Advice to Management

Advice to management? Read these reviews.

"Downhill ride..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at AECOM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits were decent and the people in the trenches were great! If the economy turns around, the good people left at AECOM will have the opportunity to do more great things again, as they did before they were sold by another good company.

Cons

After the "buy-out", numbers became much more important than people. Oh, there's a business to be run, but appreciation and recognition for our experience, knowledge, and potential went downhill quickly.

Advice to Management

Good luck! When business is down, it is still best to treat employees with respect. We (the employees) all want the best for our clients AND each other.