AECOM - Who is in charge? | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Who is in charge?"

Former Employee - Architect in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Architect in Kansas City, MO

I worked at AECOM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get a pay check
The projects are nice

Cons

Leadership is not on the same page and they don't work together very well. They treat the staff like they are just replaceable employees. No office culture or identity.

Other Employee Reviews for AECOM

"They lie - "recognizing that our people are our most valuable resource""

I have been working at AECOM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Once you leave AECOM any job seems like the best in the world.
    Health Insurance isn't too bad especially since I am on new medications due to the stress of the job.

Cons

- I wish more people looked at this site before working for or doing work with aecom.
    - they lie they are not flexible on schedules.
    - I have no idea why they got an award for choice employer.
    - Employee well being is of no concern to them - only care about saving a dollar and making more
    - no communication from top management or across departments.
    - they do not look for process improvements. Drones only wanted. Suggest improvements think outside the box you'll probably get fired.
    - from thier web site "recognizing that our people are our most valuable resource, we foster professional development and personal growth in a myriad of ways"
    - so many hard workers get let go and replaced by temps cost cutting.
    - some temps have been there over 3 years and never hired probably because it is cheaper.
    - they acquire all these small firms to say they provide the small company feel and exceptional customer service yet many of the clients and employees of the original companies have ended their relationship of about 20+ once under aecom management because quality of service fails.
    - good luck getting paid within contract terms.
    - Accounts Payable holds payments to make the end of the month cash reports look good.
    - Sub contractors be warned.
    - AECOM Technical Corporation(ACM) is publicly traded. They do not report AECOM Technical Services properly therefore financially they look great.
    - many lawsuits and legal action towards AECOM Technical Services but, you won’t see any of that information reported publicly as it wasn’t against AECOM Technical Corporation(ACM)
    - no room for growth unless you are a puppet for manegment to control.
    - be an open thinking and you'll go nowhere with this company.
    - engineers and project managers are now expected to also be accountants as they keep putting more responsibility on the PM’s to cut the overhead costs.

Advice to Management

Look at your complaints to hr about managers in Shared Services. This company has lost so many good people because the fear they put into their employees. Shared Services is the worst as everyone is an overhead expense to them. They're trying to send as much as possible to India yet they have failed miserably and mess up invoicing and billing yet they still are working on sending more of Shared Services to save a buck.
    Out of 15 coworkers I talked to all of them are either on medication for high blood pressure, or some kind of anxiety or antidepressant since starting at AECOM.

2. "Awesome employer, lots of perks, great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at AECOM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well organized system of designers and construction professionals, with lots of resources.

Cons

None so far. It hasn't really been long enough to get a sense of the bad.

Advice to Management

Introductions could be more helpful in the beginning if facilitated through a new hire seminar.