AECOM - good to work around smart office | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

"good to work around smart office"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Receptionist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AECOM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great location, good salary and nice people

Cons

poor management, many over time

Other Employee Reviews for AECOM

"Get out while you can."

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at AECOM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are good hard-working dedicated competent people in the organization who really care about their clients and each other. Unfortunately there aren't as many as there used to be, and the level of commitment to clients appears to drop the higher you go in the organization . The pay and benefits are good, if you can stay fully billable on profitable projects.

Cons

The company talks a good game about company values and the importance of integrity, employees, clients, quality, etc. However, revenue and utilization are all that really matters. The company does not care about clients other than getting the bills paid as soon as possible. Employees are sucked dry when there is billable work, and then immediately fired and given 30 minutes to leave when the workload drops. It is unhealthy to watch as every other Friday 2 or 3 more people are suddenly let go. If you have any dignity and aren't physically starving stay away, AECOM is not worth it. I loved my job for over 20 years, then I watched as an organization that I loved was destroyed and people that I respected and cared for were discarded. I have a new position, and I love it. There is life after AECOM.

Advice to Management

I was a long time AECOM employee (faithful, efficient, profitable for over 25 years). When the company went public, upper management decided to use every tool they ever heard about in MBA school to try to squeeze every cent of cost out of the company. Unfortunately, in the process management forgot that we work to satisfy our clients and that to satisfy our clients we need dedicated competent technical employees. Management has destroyed its many highly respected profitable legacy companies and replaced them with a disfunctional mega-company that is drifting aimlessly like a ship at sea without power or a rudder. The only way that AECOM has a prayer to recover and succeed is to completely replace its upper management and implement changes to the corporate culture to restore dedication to clients, respect and valuing of employees, and to act with integrity at all times. Frankly, I think that it is too late. AECOM has failed to be what it could and should have been. What a shame.

"Work Hard"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at AECOM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity but you need to take initiative

Cons

Work life balance can be a problem unless you set boundaries

Advice to Management

Need to impose consequences fo leaders/ managers who do not meet expectations around performance management ect