Employee Review

Current Employee

Good company

Mar 15, 2021 - Civil Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salary benefits great projects big corporate benefits

Cons

Advancement is often hard as management is rigid.

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Loved it here

Mar 13, 2021 - Civil Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

AECOM provided a great environment to get ahead in my career. Free breakfast every Friday.

Cons

No cons what so ever.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great people and great projects

Apr 5, 2021 - Senior Lighting Designer in Detroit, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really great people to work with, unique and large projects, working across states with other offices and teams is wonderful. Large array of benefits available. There are sometimes opportunities for unique projects such as disaster recovery that are both meaningful and profitable for someone who has the ability to be on location for ~3 months at a time. Tools needed to complete tasks were readily available for myself. Good work life balance. Great place for diversity and inclusion. Employee safety were always important.

Cons

It doesn't seem like upper management listens to anyone except for other management team members, whether those team members are the problem or not. In my most recent experience, information was not made available to team members - we were not always on all the project meeting calls - so we were basically thrown bits of information and said it needs to be done right away, with no real project planning that we were made aware of. Specialty disciplines are not structured in for advancement. Once you hit the career ceiling that's it. Low compensation when compared nationally. Each year it seems like hitting that profit number is more important than maintaining professional accreditation / education and employee retention. Every year, sometimes multiple times a year, things get reorganized or restructured, including accounting software. When you have to actually put in your yearly goals you want to visit the field for a field survey and/or a punch list when you consistently work on all of the large projects because you haven't left the office in 2 plus years, that should be a significant red flag.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about AECOM.