AFSC - A mid-size company filled with highly motivated individuals dedicated to helping wounded, ill & injured service members. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AFSC

"A mid-size company filled with highly motivated individuals dedicated to helping wounded, ill & injured service members."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at AFSC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Personal motivation is the factor that will hinder your professional development.

Cons

Government contracting can be unpredictable which requires AFSC to stay lean and mean to remain competitive.

Advice to Management

Senior management would be well served to develop a more open and structured advancement plan for employees.

Other Employee Reviews for AFSC

"Not good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Knox, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Knox, KY

Pros

Work life balance flexibiliy. They are very good about allowing you to take the time off necessary to handle family or personal matters.

Cons

Used to be a good company before they got greedy and did what ever it took to win a contract which meant screwing over their employees and they did not care that they did that just told employees they should be thankful to have a job and it doesnt matter that everyone loss pay.

Advice to Management

Investigate problems more throughly and dont let leadership be one sided. Be more transparent about things going on within the company.

2. "Contractor"

I have been working at AFSC full-time

Pros

I have worked for AFSC for two years. In this time I have received TWO raises. I received a $100 bonus at the end of my first year and $50 my second year.

Cons

Two of my colleagues actually have had their pay decreased. They do not feel they are being paid what they are worth.

Advice to Management

Our AFSC management team is located in a different state. Therefore we are really managed by our site supervisors. AFSC plays more of an HR role for us.