AFSC - AFSC is a great place to work, this is a company that values diversity, culture and fair pay. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AFSC

"AFSC is a great place to work, this is a company that values diversity, culture and fair pay."

Current Employee - Counselor in Anchorage, AK
Current Employee - Counselor in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at AFSC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive and welcoming environment, because of its diversity and great values they create a healthy environment that makes me enjoy my job.

Cons

It will be great to meet with higher management face to face.

Advice to Management

It will be great if the company can set up a yearly meeting face to face with all the regions.

Other Employee Reviews for AFSC

"Finally, a company that cares!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at AFSC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The name says it all for me. Why does every contractor company have a company name that tries to sound fancy?! AFSC...Armed Forces Services Corporation...is all about the military...AND THEY MEAN IT. My manager (who isn't that senior in the company) was telling me about a phone call they received from the CEO congratulating them on something our team accomplished. WOW! Where does that happen. THEN, I get a random bonus to spend on my professional development. HELLO...I'm all in.

Cons

Okay, so I must be fair. I was pulled into the company by a friend that was bragging about feeling good about the job. She was right, but contracting positions don't pay what they use to. I don't blame AFSC, my friends with other companies say they are feeling the same thing.

Advice to Management

Don't change what you're doing. I saw some other posts on the site and was surprised. Guess it makes some people feel good to vent...I agree. Glass is half full, or in the case of AFSC, it is almost to the top with me.

"0ver 100 Years of Experience? Heart of a Non-Profit? None of this is true"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at AFSC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at AFSC as a contractor. The only positive was the nice office building HQ in Arlington, VA in Shirlington. Even that was ruined by the constant complaining and negativity of the young, spoiled sorority sister HQ staff. They served wounded warriors, but most of them had never had any connection to the military. They were just young women fresh out of college.

Cons

The biggest reason not to work with or for AFSC is: LIES. They are just a bunch of young contractors who were used and abused by the likes of Booz Allen Hamilton. They left BAH to start their own company and they hooked up with AFSC. They absolutely do not have more than 130 years of experience serving the military as contractors. That is a lie. They made themselves Vice Presidents of This and Vice Presidents of That, but they don't know what they are doing. I find it ironic that they didn't like how they were treated at BAH, so they left. Without any leadership ability or training, they turned around and treated their underlings the same way they didn't like being treated.

Advice to Management

Grow up.