AHEAD - Needs improvement | Glassdoor

"Needs improvement"

Former Employee - Senior Implementation Engineer
Former Employee - Senior Implementation Engineer

Pros

Great clients and latest technologies

Cons

All technology decisions made by engineering and sales consultants. No input from architecture.

Advice to Management

prioritizing sales over best client solutions will not win any awards with customers or their trust.

Other Employee Reviews for AHEAD

1. "A Rare Opportunity and Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AHEAD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AHEAD is by far the best company I've had the privilege to work for. The company culture and team dynamic is super supportive, and the work is challenging but not overburdening. From my very first week here I felt encouraged to share new ideas and then saw them immediately acted upon, something every company I've worked for has talked about but never really fulfilled, even over a period of years.

The benefits are outstanding (uncommonly affordable BCBS health insurance, "unlimited" PTO [you're trusted to manage this responsibly], commuter perks, matched retirement, etc.), including the amazing Chicago headquarters.

AHEAD has made a name for itself in a fairly crowded industry (IT services and consulting) with some pretty powerful competition, but, from my experience, they've been successful at this because they prioritize seeking the best people and going out of their way to make employees feel supported and valued in a truly substantive way.

Cons

Sometimes the work is tedious, sometimes the workload fluctuates between heavy and light. These are things that are more or less par for the course with office work, and it's no different at AHEAD.

Advice to Management

Since I've been here, the company is pursing growth pretty aggressively. I imagine that at a certain point it will be difficult to maintain the same kind of culture there has been in the past, but ensuring the company does so will be critical to maintaining the advantage that AHEAD has in the marketplace.

2. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AHEAD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed corporate culture with a lot of young employees working very hard to get the work done. Welcoming environment that fosters collaboration and team work. Sweet new office digs are a plus!

Cons

No drip coffee, just espresso...