AHS - 3rd Party Coordinator | Glassdoor

"3rd Party Coordinator"

Former Employee - Third Party Coordinator in Memphis, TN
Former Employee - Third Party Coordinator in Memphis, TN

I worked at AHS full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company had some fantastic perks and when we had our annual meeting we were given great gifts, had and outstanding buffet, and vied at a chance of winning door prizes! It was a good place to work.

Cons

Some of the supervisors and personality issues and when the business changed their stratedgy all the wonderful perks stopped.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to leave your personal bias at the door when you enter the workplace and treat your employees as valued assets and not minless machines.

Other Employee Reviews for AHS

1. "great benefits but stressful job..good starting pay"

Former Employee - Csa2 in Memphis, TX
    Former Employee - Csa2 in Memphis, TX

Pros

great starting pay
    great benefits
    good hours
    pay shift differential
    paid time off given when you are hired
    401k
    weekly pay

Cons

WORKING IN CUSTOMER SERVICE CAN BE A VERY stressful job and the customers are very
    difficult customers thats all i have

Advice to Management

get it together

"Whether or not you like it will depend upon your personality."

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Santa Rosa, CA
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Santa Rosa, CA

Pros

I worked most recently at AHS in Inbound Sales, but in the past I also worked as a Customer Service Rep and then as a Lead Helpline Rep in Customer Service. Good things: decent pay (and great cash bonuses for those in Sales if you are very good at your job) and generally nice coworkers. When I worked there, they also would put on little events like BBQ's, etc. and bring in free bagels for everyone on a regular basis.

Cons

Some of the downsides: VERY rigid scheduling with little to no employee input in days/hours possible (5 minutes late is a HUGE deal with them, and all your breaks are scheduled to the minute); frequently dealing with irate customers but offered very few tools/control for satisfying them, and AHS's policies and contracts can be very frustrating (frequent denials of repairs that should be covered, incompetent technicians, etc.); unionization will never be allowed (Canada management threatens to pull AHS out of the U.S. if employees try to unionize); spending all day in a cubicle you cannot personalize and tied to the phone; and very poor benefits. In Sales they can make you feel like a million bucks if you do your job well and mistake-free, or a piece of dog doo-doo if you make any errors entering contracts or have an off-day (they walk around handing out rewards and making both accomplishments and failures very public knowledge.) With respect to promotions, although I was doing very well in my job, have a college education, and more customer service experience than my three male peers, all three of those males got promoted over myself and the other female I worked with, which was very disheartening.

Advice to Management

Realize that this job is very stressful and that what the employees need from you is a gentle hand to compensate for the harsh abuse they often experience from the customers. Also, they really need better health insurance options; the company may be based in Canada, but here in the U.S. employees need more help from their employers with managing the outrageous cost of health care.