AIG - Good Company thats in an time of transition and change | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AIG

"Good Company thats in an time of transition and change"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in New York, NY

Pros

You will get a lot of experience quickly...there are lots of opportunities for advancement or international assignments.

Cons

poor systems, uneven communication, old-school thinking

Advice to Management

More communication...more willingness to change

Other Employee Reviews for AIG

1. "Sad how quickly a great company has been run aground by incompetence"

Current Employee - WELL WISHER in New York, NY
    Current Employee - WELL WISHER in New York, NY

Pros

Large company; good business model; globally diversifiedhn

Cons

It was good till Greenberg was around; after that Sullivan was a good man but bad CEO. His deputies were mediocre at best - and this ruined the company

Advice to Management

Stop hiring consultants to make up for mid-management incompetence and hire competent VPs and SVPS from outside

2. "Intern in Tax department."

Current Employee - Corporate Tax Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Corporate Tax Intern in New York, NY

Pros

There is a good work life balance at AIG. I am an intern in the tax department and because of this work life balance would consider working at AIG on a fulltime basis. AIG has provided me with the opportunity to learn more about working in Corporate America. I have had the opportunity to work for the best company in the Insurance industry. American International Group is an internationally recognized name and looks good on my resume if I decide to move to another country or even state. I hope that within the next couple of weeks I will be able to learn more useful things about the company.

Cons

I have not been at American International Group long enough to determine what the downsides are. Many people are helpful, however, it appears that people only talk to people in their own group. There are no socil networking activities at American International Group, however, this could be because I have not been with the firm for a long time. American International group has a somewhat poor HR department. As mentioned earlier i have not been with American International group long enough to determine what the real down sides are to working for American International Group. The pay could be better for interns.

Advice to Management

I really enjoy working for him, so currently I do not have any advice.