AKA NYC - Content Intern | Glassdoor
  1. "Content Intern"

I worked at AKA NYC

Pros

Hands on experience on how to make a TV commercial Super friendly staff I learned a lot about the Broadway world Free bagels on Thursdays They'll hire you as a PA in the future if needed for a shoot!

Cons

A little slow at times

AKA NYC2017-12-28

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Cool place"

I worked at AKA NYC

Pros

Feels hip, smallish agency, bullpen office setting, great kitchen with coffee and snacks, bagel Thursdays...awesome place to dive into the broadway community! Aka has tons of cool Broadway clients so you’ll be in on some at cool shows. You can be a grad or an undergrad and there seems to be some flexibility with how many days a week you can work if you’re still in school.

Cons

Deadlines are fast and everyone is always super busy. They stay late a lot, though interns aren’t expected to. Be ready to work super fast, navigate tricky situations and figure stuff out on your own (ish). If you want to do broadway, then you should expect crazy fast paced, but I suppose it’s not for everyone. Intern stipend is pretty low and not enough to support yourself, so if you want to work full time, you’d better...

AKA NYC2018-01-21
  2. "Great entry level job for an actor in nyc"

Former Employee - Broadway Ambassador

I worked at AKA NYC part-time

Pros

See Broadway shows for free, great boss, nice people

Cons

Dwindling hours during winter months, standing outside in nyc winter, working outside in Times Square

AKA NYC2019-03-22

Discover more reviews about AKA NYC.