AKQA - Ace place to work. No pain, no gain! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AKQA

"Ace place to work. No pain, no gain!"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at AKQA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AKQA is brilliant! The people that I work with are super smart, fun and passionate about what they do. We've become really good friends over the numerous socials like BarAsics (free Monthly drinks), FryDays (all agency breakfasts) and parties - it's a very extended and diverse family :-). Benefits are good and there are lots of little things that make a real difference like free fruit, massages and ice-creams. The pace is really fast and the work ethic is second to none so you've got to have bags of passion and energy. I was promoted in my first year here and I'm going on secondment to another office soon so I can't see myself running out of opportunities here anytime soon. There's always lots of formal training running and you're constantly learning during your the day from either the work that you're doing or from the people in your team. The days just fly by and there's never a dull moment.

Cons

Working at AKQA is challenging.....it's got a reputation as a sweat shop which is certainly not the case but you will work really hard. Everyone is so driven and committed to pushing the boundaries so if you're not prepared to put quality and excellence first then this isn't the place for you. I can honestly say hand on heart that the blood, sweat & tears are worth it and it becomes easier as time goes on. I'm so proud of the work and I love working here with such awesome people.

Advice to Management

Talk to us..... we want to know that you've got a plan and how we are doing. It's great that everyone is so laidback and non hierachical but we also need to feel that someone is in charge. The updates before Barasics help but we need to share more information, commercials etc.

Other Employee Reviews for AKQA

"AKQA has been generally a good experience."

Pros

- casual atmosphere
    - smart people
    - small perks (bagel monday, fruit wednesday, coffee, tea, subsidized vending machines)
    - decent benefits
    - good reputation

Cons

- some long hours
    - expectations about being in the office
    - losing many good employees
    - feel of pressure from management

Advice to Management

There is a trickle down effect about how a business is run. It has been difficult to keep highly skilled people and I know there are plans being made to address that, but I think it needs to kicked up a notch by looking at the way employees are appreciated.

"Think Again"

Pros

+fun people
    +dogs
    +location
    +resume booster
    +cheap snacks
    +opportunities to work with traditional ad production

Cons

-poor mgmt
    -below market salaries
    -long hours
    -politics