KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not for the faint of heart but being able to keep up in this demanding, fast paced retail environment has it's perks.

Oct 5, 2016 - Store Manager Trainee in Sugar Land, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ industry leading wages Associates - $12/hr, Shift Mgr - $16/hr, SMT - $23/hr, Store Manager - $75,000+/yr + great work environment + excellent training + health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k + 40-50 hr/wk with paid overtime Very fast paced so work hours fly by. I loved working at Aldi. The pay was great! Benefits great! Was training to be a store manager so a lot was expected of me but I was totally up for it. My store manager loved my work, associates loved my fairness, customers loved me.

Cons

+ work/life balance + walked 28,000 steps/day!!! Never thought I would be fired for clocking in only minutes late!!

Continue reading
    751 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Intern

It was great

Dec 2, 2021 - Stocker
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cool people that were great to be around

Cons

Pay could have been higher

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Culture and benefits, be prepared to break a sweat everyday.

Dec 15, 2021 - Store Associate in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to learn, yearly raises, and excellent benefits. Flexible schedules that never feel overwhelming (my GM would actually ask me what days I wanted off!)and leave lots of time for school/social life. Costumers only ever ask if you have an item or where an item is so you hardly have to interact with people. The ones you do interact with are very pleasant 99% of the time. After a while you memorize where each individual item is and can complete your portion of work in less than two hours. Afterward, you spend the rest of your shift organizing or helping others. Working trucks in the morning provide you with a free full-body workout so you can cancel your gym membership. Corporate works very closely with individual employees, you will be seen and heard if you end up at a good store. Lot's of opportunities to grow.

Cons

If unlucky or a little too reliable you'll end up working the deep freezer more often than you'd like. Working the meat section sometimes leaves you with meat condensation/blood-covered gloves. The smells of raw food get so bad I nearly turned vegan. You're going to do a lot of heavy lifting if you aren't the fastest and friendliest cashier in your store so if that's not your thing you're going to suffer. After a while, you might question what you're doing with your life as the job is extremely repetitive and easy if you don't move up.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about ALDI.