ALDI - Can be stressful, but good pay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

"Can be stressful, but good pay"

Current Employee - Cashier in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Cashier in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Good pay. I enjoy working with my co-workers.

Cons

Hours are not reliable. One week you get 35, the next you get 15.

Advice to Management

Store managers....Please stop ordering way too much. You are making more work then necessary. It doesn't make sense to order too much, just too throw it away when it all goes bad.

Other Employee Reviews for ALDI

"Great Place to work but not when your store manager was promoted to the position in one year."

Current Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA

Pros

pay
    people
    benefits
    uh
    uh
    thats it

Cons

my store manager is a so called know it all.Was promoted in a year and lacks the experience and knowledge to run a busy store, Yet my dm defends the store manager and my store manager set goals that he or she cant even achieve.

Advice to Management

hire store managers for experience and not looks. looks dont make money at aldi EXPERIENCE do

"Over worked and over stressed."

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Hourly rate is good, but the you are limited on hours unless you call around to find hours at other stores.

Cons

To keep productivity high, cashiers are forced to stock the shelves AND run the cash register at the same time. Customers are forced to wait to be rung up until the cashier that is stocking notices them standing at the register. No matter how productive your store is, the DM's rarely aknowledge it and only want more. Unless you have a 4 year degree, YOU HAVE NO CHANCE OF ADVANCING PAST STORE MANAGER. The majority of the DM's are in their early 20's, right out of college and have no clue what they're doing. They sound like they are reading from a script. They say the same phrases, like " can I get you anything before I leave"

Advice to Management

This is a grocery store, not the Military. Employees would be much more productive if they weren't so stressed all of the time.