ALDI - They pay well, and you earn every penny of it. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

"They pay well, and you earn every penny of it."

Current Employee - Cashier in Champaign, IL
Current Employee - Cashier in Champaign, IL

I have been working at ALDI part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you put forth the effort, you are rewarded for it. Their promotions are not based on seniority, but on performance.

Cons

You work your tail off. It is a very physical job, regardless of you're a cashier, store manager, or district manager.

Other Employee Reviews for ALDI

"Don't waste your time"

Current Employee - Cashier in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Cashier in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at ALDI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay. For my area Cashier pay was $12 an hour. Which is really really good considering other grocery stores in this area pay minimum wage. The customers were all really great.

Cons

This place is a joke. I was so excited when I got hired. On my first day I filled out all necessary new hire paperwork, met the store manager and other shift managers and thought to myself "this place is going to be amazing to work at!" I was very very wrong. My "training" consisted of watching videos and "practicing" on a computer for 4 hours. I had no clue as to where anything in the store was, and any requests to help out with stock were shot down. I was told I could "wander around on your break and check out the store." I don't think so. They have unrealistic expectations of employees. I am just upset that I wasted a month, and turned down other job offers in order to work for this company.

Advice to Management

Get a clue. Have enough people on staff. It's a grocery store, not NASA.

"Unfortunately, still with the company"

Current Employee - Cashier in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Full time is 20 hrs or more.

Cons

No raises until you hit your 5 yrs, back breaking work, high turnover rate, health benefits are bad, no time for anything else in your life- definitely not a job for parents with kids. Expected to go in early or stay late, but never asked.

Advice to Management

Make store managers take management classes, some have no idea how to run a store, mine in particular. Give the employees some type of incentive to stay, we work very hard for you, take care of us, please. (5 yrs before getting a raise is not an incentive, more of a reason to leave)