ALDI - Great pay is the only reason to stay. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

"Great pay is the only reason to stay."

Former Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at ALDI full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay, great medical benefits, no co pay for just a regular Dr. visit.

Cons

You have to do the job of 2, so you must be very productive, everything is fast paced, so you rarely get to slow down to see how your staff and family is doing, lack of value for employees is the reason Aldi has such high turnaround, the model seems to be, if you wont do it, we will find someone that will and its no sweat of there back. I've seen District Managers quit after over 13 years with company, just no value for Managers, but told its the most important in Company. Takes way to long to get rid of horrible employees, they don't just quit like most people. I have seen us give a final notice to the same person twice, "ok, this is your final final warning".

Advice to Management

When a bad employee complains about a manager, its not always true, stop with the perception after the complaint, it stains the manager record as long as he or she is with company. It could be years down the line and you will have a Director bring it up again.

Other Employee Reviews for ALDI

1. "Getting cashier pay to do a managers job...."

Current Employee - Cashier in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Rockford, IL

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You do get paid decent, and they are not open late in the evenings.. You get repetitive customers that become your family away from home. I work with alot of girls and get a long with them all fairly well for the most part.

Cons

Seems like it takes forever to move up in the company. There is lots of managers sitting back and letting the cashiers do thier jobs while they pretend to do paper work in the office. The store managers get bonuses for monthly things at the store. Well that person didnt do it themselves yet we get nothing. Even the items per minute, voids, sales sheet that are printed. say, we meet our goals for 3 months give us a bonus. We SHOULD GET SOMETHING AT CHRISTMAS too since we make you millions of dollars a year. we get nothing... transfers within district need to be met. I have been waiting a year and a half now.

Advice to Management

Cashiers need incentives, be appreciated and recognized for all the hard work done.. the insurance that we have now needs to be re-evaluated.there needs to be rotation within the district if you need a transfer. I think the higher the person is in the company the more they may forget how hard the job still is on your body.

2. "Hard work but you are paid well for that."

Current Employee - Cashier in Utica, NY
    Current Employee - Cashier in Utica, NY

I have been working at ALDI part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, benefits. Full-time starts at 20+ hours.

Cons

Hard work, old equipments. Always there is a need of extra people.

Advice to Management

Listen...