ALDI - Company takes care of its' employees but expects HARD work in return. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

"Company takes care of its' employees but expects HARD work in return."

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are great! They would be hard to match in a similar retail environment. The pay is also substantial for the positions. The culture of each store is very different but ours is awesome. I feel like I go to work with close friends and family on a daily basis and we always strive to have fun while getting our job done.

Cons

Work/life balance for a Manager is almost non-existent. We are salaried employees at 50 hours with no overtime (loop hole for "executive" employees). We are definitely not executive employees, and you will always put in more than 50 hours per week. You are also on-call 24/7 for any type of an "emergency". This leaves little time for family, friends, hobbies, etc. There are little to no opportunities to move up within the company. They do not have a hire from within culture.

Advice to Management

Give qualified employees the chance to move up within the company. They know your company, and are loyal to it. You should be the same way towards them.

Other Employee Reviews for ALDI

1. "They Treat their employees fair. Pay is great for managers and college kids. Good benefits. Schedules are not consistent"

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at ALDI full-time

Pros

Benefits, good hardworking people. Nice customer service experience. Paid holidays.

Cons

Scheduling by managers are never consistent. Work A lot of weekends and hours vary a lot. A lot of heavy lifting and timed at all duties for maximum productivity.

Advice to Management

Better schedules. No back to back shifts. Schedule more than 8-10 hours between shifts.

2. "Work very hard for decent pay and benefits."

Current Employee - Order Selector
    Current Employee - Order Selector

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The pay scale was good when I started. It has been the perfect job while going to school. My coworkers make the job fun. A great team building environment.

Cons

Aldi has a way of overworking you when you don't want it and underworking when you need it. As the company gains success, the employee centered ideals the company once held are now overlooked; such as lower wages and deteriorating health benefits.

Advice to Management

Communication lacks here please be clear and appreciative to your employees. Additionally reward the hard work, don't simply put more work on them.