ALDI - well paid with some kinks | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

"well paid with some kinks"

Current Employee - Shift Manager/Cashier in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Shift Manager/Cashier in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great benefits, wonderful pay, fun employees

Cons

always to few people in the store no matter the store there should always be at least 4 people to run the store. expectations are way to high for the amount of people in the store at any one time(2 to 3), also the pay for shift managers is split into your cashier wage and you get +4.50 on shifts that you are running, but are expected to be management all the time. you also can not have any facial hair, not even clean shaven, at this store. on any shift you work you have to be clean shaven.

Advice to Management

need a better management system, district managers are way to involved in the day to day duties. upper management should not come in store during a shift managers shift and change everything that you have going on. the aldi company should come up with a flat rate pay for shift managers the whole 2 different wages thing is idiotic. allow clean cut beard, it does not look unprofessional to have some "clean cut" facial hair.

Other Employee Reviews for ALDI

"Overworked, and treated with great disrespect as an employee."

Former Employee - Cashier in Pinellas Park, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Pinellas Park, FL

I worked at ALDI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job was physical and kept me moving around.

Cons

Overworked, not enough employees, schedule unpredictable and changed at last minute often. Management was disrespectful and degrading. I hated my employment with this company and I tell my friends and family not to shop there, and they don't.

Advice to Management

Train your store managers to be more respectful to employees and show gratitude when employees are working overtime for weeks in a row at times, or it was the complete opposite, only receiving 20 to 25 hours a week or less. Hire more than 6 employees to run an entire store, which creates overworked and tired employees. II left a 15 year career with Publix to work at Aldi, and it was the biggest mistake I've ever made. Everyone I know who is still employed by Aldi, expresses their hate for their employment with Aldi. I tell everyone I know about my experiences with my employment and as a shopper at Aldi, and they no longer shop there.

2. "Great job at first, however if you are fit and fairly active to unload the trucks then your job becomes a stocker."

Former Employee - Cashier in Grand Prairie, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at ALDI full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are not physically able to unload trucks you will be a cash register all day which is pretty easy.

Cons

Definitely the early mornings, they use the good workers and let the bad ones cashier all day without a differential in pay.

Advice to Management

Allow there to be a difference in pay in cashiers if one is on their feet all day, while the other is sitting at a cash register.