ALDI - Great job at first, however if you are fit and fairly active to unload the trucks then your job becomes a stocker. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

"Great job at first, however if you are fit and fairly active to unload the trucks then your job becomes a stocker."

Former Employee - Cashier in Grand Prairie, TX
Former Employee - Cashier in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at ALDI full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are not physically able to unload trucks you will be a cash register all day which is pretty easy.

Cons

Definitely the early mornings, they use the good workers and let the bad ones cashier all day without a differential in pay.

Advice to Management

Allow there to be a difference in pay in cashiers if one is on their feet all day, while the other is sitting at a cash register.

Other Employee Reviews for ALDI

"Company takes care of its' employees but expects HARD work in return."

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are great! They would be hard to match in a similar retail environment. The pay is also substantial for the positions. The culture of each store is very different but ours is awesome. I feel like I go to work with close friends and family on a daily basis and we always strive to have fun while getting our job done.

Cons

Work/life balance for a Manager is almost non-existent. We are salaried employees at 50 hours with no overtime (loop hole for "executive" employees). We are definitely not executive employees, and you will always put in more than 50 hours per week. You are also on-call 24/7 for any type of an "emergency". This leaves little time for family, friends, hobbies, etc. There are little to no opportunities to move up within the company. They do not have a hire from within culture.

Advice to Management

Give qualified employees the chance to move up within the company. They know your company, and are loyal to it. You should be the same way towards them.

"Store Manager Trainee"

Former Employee - Store Manager Trainee in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager Trainee in Deerfield Beach, FL

I worked at ALDI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was ok. But you don't get to work 40 hours.

Cons

I left my fulltime job that I was in for 8 years to accepted a job at aldi, that was the biggest mistake I have ever made in my life. Aldi is a joke. When I went for the job interview I was told that, they have a training store just for Manager in Trainee only and you work 40 hours a week that wasn't true. Aldi doesn't give you more than 30 hours a week, sometimes they even give you 20 hours a week, that's how low aldi go. if you have a family, an you the head of household please don't waste your time with ALDi. They have really high turnover I wish I did my research before accepting that job. My first week at aldi the store Manager gave me a list on the store product in the prices for me to remember, at the end of the week I was giving a test on it. That was the only training I received when I work at aldi. After that no one showed me anything, I was left alone to train myself, every time I went to work I was either stocking shelves or on the cashier register. after a month working at aldi I was transferred to in other store, that store has no store manager, only the assistant manager, cashier and the District Manager in Trainee, two weeks after I transferred to the store, the District manager in trainee quit. District Manager demand so much from you, even thought he knows you not proper training. The district manager have me coming to the store three times at 5:00 am after I left the store 2:00 am so he can trained me on how to do inventory and to place order, when I get to work he wasn't there I waited 2 hours before he finally showed up, no apologizes nothing. When I finally get inside the store he told me he doesn't have time to trained me, I can go home now. Assistant manger at that store is very jealousy because the district manager don't promote them, if you ask them for help they would tell you, they don't know how to do it, after they been at aldi for 5 or more years, in second later after living that aisle, If you made any mistake they would took picture of it send it to the district manager. No team player. Aldi will used you then let you go. And no promotions. I found out a position I was qualified for, when I called the area manager she told me aldi doesn't promote employee, she want her store manager to be a store manager for life. Don't believe anything this management told you during the interview, they treat their employer like crap you never do enough for then, you don't run fast enough. a lot of heavy lifting that can cause serious back problem. Don't quit your job for aldi, now I learn my lesson. I was grateful my position at my old job was still available. I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't get my job back with 5 children's to taking care of

Advice to Management

They need to come up with a training system.