ALDI - Great job at first, however if you are fit and fairly active to unload the trucks then your job becomes a stocker. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

"Great job at first, however if you are fit and fairly active to unload the trucks then your job becomes a stocker."

Former Employee - Cashier in Grand Prairie, TX
Former Employee - Cashier in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at ALDI full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are not physically able to unload trucks you will be a cash register all day which is pretty easy.

Cons

Definitely the early mornings, they use the good workers and let the bad ones cashier all day without a differential in pay.

Advice to Management

Allow there to be a difference in pay in cashiers if one is on their feet all day, while the other is sitting at a cash register.

Other Employee Reviews for ALDI

"Overworked, and treated with great disrespect as an employee."

Former Employee - Cashier in Pinellas Park, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Pinellas Park, FL

I worked at ALDI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job was physical and kept me moving around.

Cons

Overworked, not enough employees, schedule unpredictable and changed at last minute often. Management was disrespectful and degrading. I hated my employment with this company and I tell my friends and family not to shop there, and they don't.

Advice to Management

Train your store managers to be more respectful to employees and show gratitude when employees are working overtime for weeks in a row at times, or it was the complete opposite, only receiving 20 to 25 hours a week or less. Hire more than 6 employees to run an entire store, which creates overworked and tired employees. II left a 15 year career with Publix to work at Aldi, and it was the biggest mistake I've ever made. Everyone I know who is still employed by Aldi, expresses their hate for their employment with Aldi. I tell everyone I know about my experiences with my employment and as a shopper at Aldi, and they no longer shop there.

2. "They Treat their employees fair. Pay is great for managers and college kids. Good benefits. Schedules are not consistent"

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at ALDI full-time

Pros

Benefits, good hardworking people. Nice customer service experience. Paid holidays.

Cons

Scheduling by managers are never consistent. Work A lot of weekends and hours vary a lot. A lot of heavy lifting and timed at all duties for maximum productivity.

Advice to Management

Better schedules. No back to back shifts. Schedule more than 8-10 hours between shifts.