ALDI - Never Enough | Glassdoor

"Never Enough"

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at ALDI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Pay and Benefits.....rewarding to see results of your hard work.

Cons

You will never give them enough. You get to 500 productivity they want 550 and so on. The DM's are young as stated on a lot of the reviews here, but some are very good, some have no clue what they are doing and need to call the director to do anything at all. The DM's are told "never give a compliment , their pay is their compliment", that comes from a director, how do I know this? I trained most of the new DM's in the area when I was employed at Aldi, and was told this after a trainee came back from a meeting, she quit shortly after. That is what is so sad about this company, the culture of abuse comes from the top. I had to leave due to family illness and needed more flexibility in my schedule, but one more person every day would have made the job so much better. I did not mind ringing, throwing truck or anything like that, and I have nothing bad to say about the products, never had a bad thing I bought there, but there is no reason to treat people like they do. And if anyone thinks I was a slacker who did not like to work or was lazy, I ran a .28 inventory for three years,had the lowest throw away in my district and was consistently in the three of the division and had a productivity of over 500.

Advice to Management

Treat people as you want to be treated.

Other Employee Reviews for ALDI

"Good if you are a hard worker"

Current Employee - Warehouse Selector in Warrington, FL
    Current Employee - Warehouse Selector in Warrington, FL

I have been working at ALDI part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company generally work life is good and pay is good for job

Cons

To many staff turnover, - Now can't be bothered to learn agency staff names as they go through too many.

Advice to Management

Try keep some good agency staff in company and show staff that you want to keep people instead of doing the 'There always be people looking for work'

"VERY GOOD COMPANY WITH GOOD PAY AND BENEFITS"

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at ALDI full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was a store manager,and I was very impressed with their training and the system in place that Aldi developed to run their stores.You worked hard and you were always busy,but I liked that because I always felt very productive and the days went by fast.They paid very well (but you definitely earned it)and there were good benefits.Great employees and positive atmosphere.

Cons

Wish they would promote more from within the company.District Managers were hired & trained seperately,so you couldn't advance from the store manager position.I was promised something by word and a handshake by upper management....but when things didn't go the way that they wanted,they didn't give me the deal that was promised.Seem to care a little bit more about the bottom line/profit,than their employees.

Advice to Management

Promote more from within/especially allow store managers to be promoted to district managers-after all,they already have so much knowledge at the store level.Think about giving store managers a bonus based on sales volume increases,employee productivity,etc.Last,but definitely not least,care more about your employees,and when you promise them something,make good on that promise.