ALTEN - Concerned and effective management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ALTEN

"Concerned and effective management"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ALTEN full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary
Management
diversity / assignments
International mobility is easy

Cons

common to all consulting firms (assignements depend on customers and market health)

Advice to Management

more corporate events!

Other Employee Reviews for ALTEN

1. "Alten"

Former Employee - Lead PHP Developer
    Former Employee - Lead PHP Developer

I worked at ALTEN (More than a year)

Pros

Some good projects, really depends on the team you work with.

Cons

Management, RI, salary raise depends more on your personality than your skills.

"No support"

Former Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer

I worked at ALTEN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No one will ever contact you except to ask for your timesheet, if you like that sort of work environment.

Cons

No one will ever contact you except to ask for your timesheet. There is no support from management, and you are on your own if the contract customer decides to shift blame to you for their internal issues. I was never given any feedback on my performance (I was often not even given an assignment), and nearly all requests for information from my manager or my customer went unanswered.

When I gave my resignation, I was told that I had to provide a month of notice. At the end of that month, they began to argue with me that I should not be paid for time during that month - if they did not want to pay me, why ask for a month of notice? I also was instructed to return my computer, but not given any information on who I should send it to or what address to put on the package... but it was still my responsibility to return it, somehow.

I eventually moved on to find a real engineering job, where I would be given work to do rather than kept on a shelf as a potential future scapegoat.

Advice to Management

Make sure that your contract management staff understand how to take responsibility for their contracts, rather than constantly dodging accountability with indirect answers.