ALTRES - Great place to work - for locals | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ALTRES

"Great place to work - for locals"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Pros

There is a good level of Team work and appreciation for all contributors in every department from service to marketing.

Cons

As an out of state employee there wasn't any welcome committee aside from the owner a few times. The company should work a little harder to make their imported talent feel welcome.

Advice to Management

Barron Guss is a great manager and leader. He has created an awesome company his father would be proud of. My only advice would be that the sales department needs a local leader.

Other Employee Reviews for ALTRES

"Best place I have ever worked...period."

I worked at ALTRES full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family oriented culture that respects your time and the time you share with your family. They focus on results and growth, but not at the expense of their people. I've never been in a more understanding, supportive and active work environment. Its not for everyone, some people can't handle the work, the pace or the demands of the job. As much as people do leave most of the people here have been here for over 6 years, in this day and age that says a lot.

Cons

Its a smaller organization. You can only rise so far in the organization. That being said, I've always been given opportunities to rise in the organization when I asked for them. Barron and Kerry are entrepreneurs and support innovative ideas and approaches.

Advice to Management

Don't ever retire. Hawaii is a better place with the two of you leading ALTRES.

2. "AMAZING COMPANY!!!"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Honolulu, HI

I worked at ALTRES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had the best time when I worked at ALTRES- too bad I had to move away or I would still be there

Cons

Absolutely none! It is an amazing company to work for.

Advice to Management

NONE! Keep doing what you're doing. The CEO, President and Managing Directors all became family.