ALTRES - Great place to work - for locals | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ALTRES

"Great place to work - for locals"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Pros

There is a good level of Team work and appreciation for all contributors in every department from service to marketing.

Cons

As an out of state employee there wasn't any welcome committee aside from the owner a few times. The company should work a little harder to make their imported talent feel welcome.

Advice to Management

Barron Guss is a great manager and leader. He has created an awesome company his father would be proud of. My only advice would be that the sales department needs a local leader.

Other Employee Reviews for ALTRES

1. "Great Place"

I have been working at ALTRES full-time

Pros

Great people and atmosphere. They really care about your career goals

Cons

no cons at this time

2. "ALTRES Staffing"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

I was fired from my job a month before I needed to leave Hawaii for college. I turned to ALTRES in hopes that I could get a temporary job to make a little extra cash before leaving the state. I went in, filled out the application, and watched some online training videos. Did a brief interview with a recruiter to discuss my skills and experience. Shortly after, she told me that she had a job for me at Pepsi Co. However, the position was only for 1 day but she told me to talk to the supervisor at Pepsi to see if I could continue working and if not, then I could give her a call and she could place me at another job. I started at Pepsi the next day. The supervisor at Pepsi knew I needed to leave to college in a few weeks so he told me I could continue to come in and work until I needed to leave for college. The process was really fast and the staff was great. Pay days were quick and easy. You could either take your time card in on Friday or Monday and get paid the same day before you leave the office. The last day I picked up my check, the lady at the front told me that my info would stay on file so if I come back to Hawaii during my breaks and wanted to work, I could just come in and they would place me somewhere. Awesome!

Cons

None but I really wish ALTRES expanded to the mainland so I wouldn't have to keep going through these bogus Staffing agencies who keep giving me the run around!

Advice to Management

None. Thank you so much for everything! I wouldn't have been able to purchase my text books if it wasn't for the temp job I was placed in.