AMD - They need to focus on top talent, sales, and innovation. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AMD

"They need to focus on top talent, sales, and innovation."

I worked at AMD (More than a year)

Pros

Not bad working environment, overtime can be taxing.

Cons

Talent exodus. This company needs to stop being AMD university.

Advice to Management

You are not Apple, hire real Talent and keep it.

Other Employee Reviews for AMD

1. "like a family"

Pros

hours are flexible and atmosphere is relaxed

Cons

less number of employees and projects

"Earn Your Stripe, Join a Company Re-Defining Itself"

I worked at AMD full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love AMD and I worked in Corporate Marketing.

Yes, AMD's salaries are extremely competitive. Work/life balance is yours to own as long as you deliver. However, the real selling factor is the people: Colette LaForce is easily the most personable CMO I've had the pleasure of working for in my career. She is open to new ideas, critical feedback and in turn her leadership mostly mirrors these traits. The marketing team at AMD across the board is full of great leaders who are passionate and intelligent.

The organization I worked in is full of go getters who work hard but, in my opinion, are ultimately under appreciated because of AMD's historical engineering and sales focus.

Cons

As the company is mid-turn around, there is some natural confusion and oftentimes bureaucracy. This is a symptom of frequent reorgs and historical cultural traditions. This has unfortunately resulted in sub-optimal, siloed processes and an unwillingness to accept change.

Enablement is a real issue at AMD as profitability goals have caused opex pressure, resulting in limited resources.

Advice to Management

Break down traditional barriers - open yourself up to risk. Exit old go to market strategies gracefully and truly enable your new strategy and growth businesses. Wrangle quarter end, margin killing, gray market deals to hit numbers and create real value for your products -- they are competitive. Unite the marketing function and give it purpose in the new world outside of communications and events. You need it for channel and you need it for growth in relationship focused business models. Marketing needs to generate leads, sales needs to take them.