AMLI Residential - A wonderful place to work | Glassdoor
  1. "A wonderful place to work"

Current Employee - Human Resources Field Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at AMLI Residential full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The culture, my boss, the people I get to work with.

Cons

Evaluate housing discount every year and adjust accordingly. If an employee can't afford to live in the city they work, that should be addressed.

AMLI Residential2019-08-29

September 5, 2019Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are pleased that you love the AMLI culture and your AMLI fAMLI. We realize that not all employees may be able to live on-site as many are high-end luxury apartment communities. AMLI reviews our housing discounts annually and have created additional discount levels over the years, for those higher priced properties. Further, we have unlimited number of employees that can live at any one property, so that employees may choose a more affordable option. I have shared your comments with senior leaders. Thank you for your many years of contributions to AMLI’s success.

1. "Pretty good!"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at AMLI Residential full-time for more than a year

Pros

Family feel, beautiful communities, and so many opportunities to grow with the company. If you ever feel like any situation is hard, you can reach out to other communities or leadership in corporate for help. AMLI truly wants you to be successful!

Cons

Some properties are better than others and you can tell by the pressure upper management puts on the not so good communities. Research the property you will be hired at and make sure it is one that you see yourself thriving in! Read all community reviews. Another con is some managers you deal with are very messy and petty. This is at any job, but some people that work here will literally try to manipulate you to... get information about you and use it against you. DO NOT TRUST EVERYONE. Keep personal info to yourself. There’s no line between personal and work because it is so tight knit among everyone. Managers act like they’re still in high school sometimes.

Advice to Management

Keep it up in regards to valuing your employees! Stop favoring managers that act immature and only promote those that have true leadership skills. This industry is all about team work and just because you put in your time does not mean you deserve to lead a community.

AMLI Residential2019-09-24

September 25, 2019Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are pleased to read your comments regarding growth opportunities at AMLI, as well as how much we embrace teamwork amongst our communities. We agree with you, tenure with the company does not necessarily translate to effective leadership skills. AMLI has many training and mentoring programs for our supervisory staff, so that they can successfully lead a team of employees. We hope you had an opportunity to share more details during your exit interview. If not, you are always welcome to reach out the AMLI HR department for further feedback. Best regards for your continued success.

2. "Beyond all expectations"

Current Employee - Area Vice President in Seattle, WA

I have been working at AMLI Residential full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

For the last 13 years I have worked very hard, embraced the company culture, and navigated my career with integrity. AMLI has consistently given me opportunities to grow as a result. They have let me make mistakes but have held me accountable. They've also given me chances to build upon successes and grow my confidence. I could have never expected that I would find such a great company so early in my career. ... They have truly beat all expectations.

Cons

We have a policy for seemingly every situation which to me is a reasonable and conservative approach to mitigating risk. To those that struggle to conform to in-place rules and practices, it may take some time get comfortable.

AMLI Residential2019-08-26

September 4, 2019Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. You are truly a great success story. You took advantage of the growth opportunities available to AMLI employees and ran with it. Thank you also for commenting that we do have a structured environment; which many employees will appreciate, but it may not be for everyone. Our standards drive consistency in how we work with our residents and our employees. Thank you for your 13 plus years of contributions and best wishes for your continued success.

Discover more reviews about AMLI Residential.