AMRI - Working here is like being in an abusive relationship | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AMRI

"Working here is like being in an abusive relationship"

Former Employee - Research Scientist I in Albany, NY
Former Employee - Research Scientist I in Albany, NY

I worked at AMRI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent experience and mentoring to take on to future employers. Opportunities to publish and patent. After working here other jobs will feel like a vacation. The work is rewarding and meaningful. Newer facilities in Albany were a pleasure to work in.

Cons

Work a minimum of 50 hours per week. No concept of work/life balance, your life needs to revolve around your job. All negative reinforcement, no positive feedback. Burnout quickly, never feel appreciated no matter how much you give. Always made to feel like your job is on the line and you could lose it at any moment. Pay is TERRIBLE! The job is amazing but the culture of the company is intolerable.

Advice to Management

A little respect will go a long way. The job is rewarding enough that I would have been able to ignore the ridiculous pay if I wasn't always being abused. No loyalty from you means no loyalty from me...

Other Employee Reviews for AMRI

"Research Scientist I"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

I worked at AMRI full-time

Pros

Good stepping stone to get experience, thats about it!

Cons

Terrible upper management, don't value employees, terrible pay, no work/family balance, not much room for advancement, no incentive to work hard, employee morale is very bad.

Advice to Management

Bring in new management!!!! Treat employees with respect! Value your employees and reward them for their hard work, they are the reason you have a business! Listen to your employees! Especially the ones who leave, listen to their reasons why. If things don't change you will no longer have a valuable business.

2. "New changes are making a difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

I have been working at AMRI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New CFO is driving positive change. Unfortunately, this has meant some cuts and shutting down of unprofitable divisions but this is long past due. Despite what somebody posted, the medical benefits are excellent and are the best of I have ever had. 2013 rates did not go up with the excpetion of a small increase in dental (less than $1). I find everyone to be professional and easy to work with. Stock price seems to be supporting the positive changes.

Cons

The organization is still top heavy. Along with that, some of these more senior people continue to try and run things like a mom and pop shop because they have been here since the early days. Advancement opportunities are lacking but this seems to be driven more by economic conditions versus anything company related.

Advice to Management

Reach out to the employees and see what they are thinking. They may have some great ideas or can provide additional insight that can help move us in the positive direction.