AMResorts - Great partnership!! Outstanding view!! | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for AMResorts

"Great partnership!! Outstanding view!!"

Former Employee - Concierge in Puerto Morelos (Mexico)
Former Employee - Concierge in Puerto Morelos (Mexico)

I worked at AMResorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people, long term work conditions, good food, managing directos are easy going.

Cons

The salary is medium, a little bit far from main cities.

Advice to Management

See the little things that employees do! and congratulate them!

Other Employee Reviews for AMResorts

"Great Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA

I worked at AMResorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has grown significantly during my time there, they doubled the number of hotels managed, and are looking to double in size again over the next three years. The company values an entrepeneurial spirit and this provides a lot of latitude to try new things and learn from mistakes or misteps. If you are not afraid to share your ideas or make your case for why you think one thing will work vs another you can be heard, you don't always win but you feel a part of the process, if you don't bring anything to the conversation or are afraid to be wrong then this may not be the place for you. It's a young team and growing rapidly so nothing seems entrenched which I think is a good thing. It's a fast paced environment and there is always something that needs attention. There is opportunity here to learn new things and advance your career. As the company grows there are many new positions and opportunities that are becoming available. If you want to learn, contribute and work with good people, this is a great place to be.

Cons

The biggest problem with AMR is in the salaries. As the company has grown in size rapidly, moving from a family owned business to a vertically integrated company under the Apple Leisure Group flag, consisting of multiple companies and greater individual responsibilities and work load, the salaries for new positions and internal promotions have remained lower than even the low end of the competitive salary range, in line with the days when they were a much smaller family run business. I think they have identified this and are trying to fix it, so is probably less of a concern for anyone looking to join the company from the outside, just make sure you know what you are worth, and do your homework. Those inside the company are unfortunately forced to negotiate tooth and nail to be compensated appropriately. Hopefully this is something they can rectify sooner rather than later as there is some great talent in the company who will eventually be forced to make a tough decision if they don't. It's unfortunate because overall this is a really great place to work.

Advice to Management

Take the tough financial decision but the right business one, and pay your only actual "assets" fairly before they have to push you for a counteroffer. Other than that, keep doing what your doing, maybe a little less frantically at times, but overall a positive place to work.

"Profit first, people second"

I have been working at AMResorts full-time

Pros

- There are some amazing, hard working mid-level and below people in this company who don't get any recognition for the work they do. Unfortunately, I feel that given a better opportunity, most of them will move on.
    - You might get to travel if you are lucky.

Cons

- Salaries and medical benefits are below average, but the company still says they are "competitive." There are no incentives or bonuses.
    - In my opinion, there is a huge lack of any real leadership as well as a refusal to admit that senior management is largely incompetent.
    - The company seems slow to hire new resources and give promotions where they are deserved. No discipline is given to underperforming employees.
    - There is a lack of training and little to no career enrichment opportunity.
    - Company culture is non-existent and morale is pretty poor.

Advice to Management

Show us that you actually value us as people first before employees. We would love to help you change things but we need you to listen more objectively and accept criticism where it is due.