ANSYS - Do not work for ANSYS! | Glassdoor

"Do not work for ANSYS!"

Former Employee - Support/Services Employee in Lebanon, NH
Former Employee - Support/Services Employee in Lebanon, NH

Pros

The atmosphere is generally casual and professional in the NH office. The vast majority of employees in the NH office are very cordial and professional. Work environment was very pleasant, and I was very satisfied with the hands-off management style of most managers.

Cons

Your job will not be at all secure in the current climate. Executives seem very two-faced and only look out for themselves. I am not the only one who feels wrongly terminated and has lost much respect for those in upper management during the most recent layoff. No reasons were given for termination; only that it was not merit-based. Did they just draw names from a hat? They even fired a janitor!

The executives claim that there were budgetary reasons for the RIF, but the SEC website reports bonuses on the order of 80-100% for executives. Jim Cashman's bonus was over 100% (just above $500k). How does he sleep at night?

Advice to Management

Keep the well-qualified people you have. During tough times, be more scrutinous of those who do not produce results instead of slapping in the face those who do. I had a deep passion for what I did for ANSYS and felt very offended after the layoff process. Offer a pay cut (I said I would take one but was denied). Be respectful and give those you cut the information and reasons for termination that they deserve. Don't just abruptly turn your back. Executives should either defer their bonus compensation or reduce it altogether. Lead by example and allow yourself the 15% that you give everyone else.

Other Employee Reviews for ANSYS

1. "Review"

Current Employee - Maharashtra in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Maharashtra in Pune (India)

Pros

Flexible and easy work environment

Cons

Lack of growth and less flexible hr policies.

Advice to Management

Lack of vision of growth and no pipeline of planned work.

2. "Challenging worplace"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Pune (India)

I have been working at ANSYS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Variety of work. Real world contribution of work. Projects related to Fortune 100 companies.

Cons

Small office and workforce. Simulation leader with average hardware and softwares.

Advice to Management

Increase workforce numbers.